Need Some Help

oldagecrisis

Jan 23, 2020
I have a 95 Mustang Gt. I have found a draw of 100 milliamps and have chased it the headlights, as I pull that fuse out, the draw drops to 1 milliamp. Anyone out there have any ideas as to where to start looking beyond the fuse panel? Is there any test for the light switch or high and low beam switch? Just hate to throw parts at a problem needlessly. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 95 Mustang Gt. I have found a draw of 100 milliamps and have chased it the headlights, as I pull that fuse out, the draw drops to 1 milliamp. Anyone out there have any ideas as to where to start looking beyond the fuse panel? Is there any test for the light switch or high and low beam switch? Just hate to throw parts at a problem needlessly. Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.
Do you have aftermarket headlights?

Yes just replaced both of them.After more testing I found that it has an anti theft module that controls ignition, door and trunk. I closed everything left the meter on and an hour later it had dropped to 60 milliamps, still above spec. Also first new battery I put in was junk and put another new battery in.