Need some honest advise

MASHBY

Feb 24, 2006
Calgary,AB
Hi all
Well Ive just brough my first Mustang an 02 GT Conv.and its bloody marvelous:nice:

However I would like to get running well.I have decided on the following mods
Cat Back Magna Flow Exhaust
High Flo Air Filter
Under drive pulleys
Short throw shifter
Then Dynoed and Tuned

So question are any these mods not worth doing.I not after huge gains in power but just want a well sorted 4.6.
Many Thanks
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

is it a auto or 5 speed.

if 5-speed get

1. cat back of choice
2. drop in k+N
3. 4.10's
4. off road x
5. sct2 ( hand held tuner)
6. firewall adjuster and quadrant. ( the stock one sucks and has destroyed many trannys with no allowing enough clutch air gap. many people grind gears on high rpm upshifts because of this)

after that you have many ways you can go with your car

if it's a auto

1. cat back of choice
2. drop in K+N
3. tuner
4. tourqe converter ( 3000+ stall speed), J-mod( shift kit) and cooler
5. 4.10's
6. off road x

I know it is an 02' but make sure the basics (plugs, wires, fluids, etc..) are all good to begin with.

Congrats on your new ride. Take some pics of it if n post em :D

svttech76 said:
if 5-speed get

1. cat back of choice
2. drop in k+N
3. 4.10's
4. off road x
5. sct2 ( hand held tuner)
6. firewall adjuster and quadrant. ( the stock one sucks and has destroyed many trannys with no allowing enough clutch air gap. many people grind gears on high rpm upshifts because of this)

Good advice, however I would say a shifter and subframe connectors should be #1 and #2 on the list. If you know you will be modding extensively, then perhaps an SCT flasher should be moved up the list - it saves buying a timing adjuster, speed calibrator, mil eliminators (especially if the car is an auto trans, which yours is not). Then exhaust, gears, all that good stuff...

Before flashers, there were chips. The conventional wisdom then was, do your mods and then install a chip. However, now I think it might be better to start with the flasher.

GettinThere said:
Good advice, however I would say a shifter and subframe connectors should be #1 and #2 on the list. If you know you will be modding extensively, then perhaps an SCT flasher should be moved up the list - it saves buying a timing adjuster, speed calibrator, mil eliminators (especially if the car is an auto trans, which yours is not). Then exhaust, gears, all that good stuff...

Before flashers, there were chips. The conventional wisdom then was, do your mods and then install a chip. However, now I think it might be better to start with the flasher.

thats good advice to. programmer should be up there no matter what i probally should have put that before gears.

There is already a lot of good advice here.. i will just add, don't waste your money on the UD Pulleys.. There are better things to spend on. If I had to do it over again I would not have bought them.

Hi All
Thanks for all you advise.The only pics I have so far are the ones I pulled from the Autotrader website.Will take so new ones when she is sorted.
Cheers

mustang.jpg

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 69