need some minor help here

gsxrocky

Jan 18, 2004
Conroe, TX
I have an 89 coupe. It has a slight miss. I checked header temperature and found the #2 cylinder isn't firing. I changed plugs, plug wires, and cap and rotor. I still got the same problem. Any other ideas. I'm on a tight budget and can't really afford to take it in. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

The easiest thing to check would be for a broken rocker arm, or one that slipped off the valve. It does happen. Pull the valve cover on that side and take a look. You can check for spark by pulling the wire, putting another spark plug in it and lay it somwhere that you can watch it to see if it's sparking. Next obviously would be an injector. Good luck and post updates.

even easier is to check spark. then run codes and do a balance test. will tell you what injector(s) is/are not firing. if its the injector, give it a good whack with a wrench.

Start with the basics and do a compression test on that cylinder first. All the rest of that testing won't do anything for you if there's no compression. If you have compression then follow the advice of the posters. It's all good!!!

sirsureshot39 said:
Dissconnect the injector harness at the #2 injector and use a fuse light to see if the fault is in the harness/ecu or the injector.
is that like a noid light? just curious. :)