Need some pointers on building up my 302!...

FastGT50Stang

Sep 19, 2005
Chicago
Hey guys, i ordered some parts off Ebay, some already came in and some are on the way...

-I got TrickFlow R-series upper/lower intake manifolds
-A TrickFLow R-series 1" intake spacer
-Accufab 75mm t/b and egr spacer
-what are some good fuel injectors? BOSCH, FORD MOTORSPORT, ? etc.

& now i'm about to bid on some cylinder heads but can't decide between AFR 185cc or TrickFlow TrackHeat heads? ?
---would the TrickFlow heads go better w/ the TF manifolds or it doesn't matter, also, if i did get the TF heads, then would a TF camshaft work better than let's say a CompCam or CraneCam?
---I'm just confused about what i should do,if mixmatchimg parts is good/bad and that's why i wanted to ask you guys here at stangnet...

ONE more thing, as for the cam, there's so many to choose from, i want one that will make my rpm's jump up and down whening idling...go from say 800 to 1500rpm's then drop back down to 800, over and over again....sweet!!!

THANKS
Stan

• Sponsors (?)

89white50 said:
so wait...you have a TFS R intake for a 302? is this going to be supercharged? i personally would go with the tack heats b/c the springs are better. but what does the shortblock consist of?

Yes, this is going to be supercharged, so you think i shoud go with the TrickFLow track heat heads over the AFR 185cc, what about the type of cam, i want one that'll make my rpm's jump when idling? ...

Oh my. You really should have a plan when buying parts, especially cam and heads. Certain combinations work very well, others do not and you will suffer in the horsepower department. Do a little research, or call Ed Curtis at Fox Lake and go from there. Just my .02.

Yea, i guess a TrickFlow set-up would probably work best together since basically the top end of the block would consist of only TrickFlow parts...but i hear a lot of good things about AFR heads too...

I'm just wondering, what is the difference between stud mount rockers vs. pedestal rockers?in the AFR heads?

Thanks
Stan

Stud mount means they stick out of the hole so you only have to tighten down a nut.

Pedestal mount means the screw all the way down.

My advice: Get the stud mount, it makes it easier putting on/taking off the heads.