Need suggestions for adjustable rearend parts.

SmockDoiley

Jun 14, 2003
San Diego, CA
So after some horrible times with this crazy engine combo, I've realized its time I get serious with the rearend mods. Right now I have the stock sway bar, new rearend bushings, eibach lowering springs, BBK upper/lower control arms, and 26x8.5 slicks. The car has 2.3 60's and breaks traction in 1 and 2 and sometimes 3rd. If I get on it on the street at speed it breaks free too and gets a little sideways. I know I need more tire so I'm stepping up to 27x10.5 hoosier to keep me in 3rd in the 8th and give me more footprint off the line. As for the suspension I need to go adjustable to fix the pinion angle but what should I get. I was thinking I only need the upper adjustables with the solid links. Do you really need both upper and lower adjustables to setup the rearend? I was thinking bigger tires, same lowers and adjustable uppers should do the trick. What do you suggest or know that works. Also, do those panhard bars helpout.

• Sponsors (?)

Take a look at what some of the FFW and NMRA guys are running. Many classes demand stock type suspensions so they use adjustable uppers and good lowers along with good shock tuning. Tire size is important as well.

Good, Im not the only one who thinks just the upper adjustables are enough. Thanks for the links but the tube chassis stuff is a little much for me, lol. I think 10.5 inch slicks, spherical bushings, and adjustable uppers will fix things a lot. Its not perfect but way better.