Need technical wiring help! 96 GT

FoxRod87

Feb 1, 2006
Carolina
Ok so sunday night me and my wife went into eat at a restaurant and come back out and went to fire up the car and it wouldn't fire up. Couldn't hear the fuel pump. so I thought it went bad. Got the car home and put a fuel pump in it. Before I put the tank up I hooked the wire up to see if it would pump fuel out and it wouldn't. So I started checking fuses and found the #13 fuse under the hood for the electronic engine control blown. Went and got a fuse and put it in and then it would pump fuel. put the tank up and went to start and nothing happened. checked the fuse and found it blown again. So I talked to some people and they said it could be the PCM power relay gone bad and it is in the CCRM in the passenger fenderwell. So got one and plugged it in and it still did the same thing. I would cycle the switch a couple of times and then blow that same fuse. But when I unhook the harness to the CCRM and cycle the switch a it never blows the fuse. So I am thinking it must be a wire somewhere after the CCRM or where ever it shoots power to. Maybe a switch or something. I am woundering if anyone has had this same problem before or if you know where these cars usually over time get a rubbed wire at. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Have you done anything to the car prior to replacing the fuel pump?

The high and low speed cooling fan, fuel pump and PCM relays are in the CCRM.

But try this thread to see if it helps track down your issue. It pretty much outlines some steps to figure your issues. I started out thinking I had PATS problems but it turned out a short in my O2 sensor wire.

http://gt500.drive9.com/~snforums/showthread.php?t=701971&highlight=ccrm

Have you done anything to the car prior to replacing the fuel pump?

The high and low speed cooling fan, fuel pump and PCM relays are in the CCRM.

But try this thread to see if it helps track down your issue. It pretty much outlines some steps to figure your issues. I started out thinking I had PATS problems but it turned out a short in my O2 sensor wire.

http://gt500.drive9.com/~snforums/showthread.php?t=701971&highlight=ccrm

Thanks for the info It will help out alot. I was going to go after stuff through the CCRM but now I know not to do that. I am thinking it might be one of my o2 sensors because ever since I got the car It has been throwing a CEL for one of the back sensors for being bad. But I thought it was only because I have an o/r pipe and no MILs. So I hope that points me into that direction. If it does I will let you know and you will have saved me alot of time and a headache and that will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info It will help out alot. I was going to go after stuff through the CCRM but now I know not to do that. I am thinking it might be one of my o2 sensors because ever since I got the car It has been throwing a CEL for one of the back sensors for being bad. But I thought it was only because I have an o/r pipe and no MILs. So I hope that points me into that direction. If it does I will let you know and you will have saved me alot of time and a headache and that will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

The sensors themselves shouldn't blow the fuse but if one of the wires is cut and shorting it will. Mine was intermittent until finally it grounded itself on the harness tray and kept blowing the fuse. That link should help you track down everything in that circuit and see if there is a problem.

The sensors themselves shouldn't blow the fuse but if one of the wires is cut and shorting it will. Mine was intermittent until finally it grounded itself on the harness tray and kept blowing the fuse. That link should help you track down everything in that circuit and see if there is a problem.

Well it is fixed. It was the driverside rear oxygen sensor. I guess it just shorted out. Thanks for putting me in the right direction. I am glad there is a Stangnet. If there wasn't I wouldn't know what to do and been going in the wrong direction.
and thanks again.

Well it is fixed. It was the driverside rear oxygen sensor. I guess it just shorted out. Thanks for putting me in the right direction. I am glad there is a Stangnet. If there wasn't I wouldn't know what to do and been going in the wrong direction.
and thanks again.

Good to hear. I know when mine was doing that I was thinking it was some sort of expensive fix. After replacing my fuel pump and the problem still existed all it took was some black electrical tape.

You know what's funny is that I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM WITH MY CAR. The thing is thank god for this thread because I was about to buy a new CCRM as well. Although I think I might still need one,but,I put the car in the air today and found a completely ruined rear P-side O2 sensor that I'm sure was grounding itself to everything. I found it and ziptied it out of the way and all excpet now I get this buzzing sound and the lights inside the car dim when I go to start the car. Any suggestions anyone ??