NEED TO REPLACE back shocks...HELP.....

• Sponsors (?)

Well you will need
-Good car jack
-Two jackstands
-Some bricks to chalk in front of the front wheels
-Flat level surface
-Socket wrench set and prob a 10mm socket or 12mm I cant remember off the top of my head...
-Flash light

Anywho just jack the car up and get teh two jackstands under the car, make sure you position the jacks on the rear axel securely. DO NOT GET under your car unless you feel safe and think it is safe, a lot of fatalities happen each year due to ppl working under a jacked up car and it falling on them....
Then just start unbolting the bolts on the top and bottom of the shock then you will need to go to the trunk and remove the cardboard borders and get to the wheel humps, there you should see where the rear shocks are held in on the top loosen these last. Also it is a good idea to have a helper with you for the removal of the bolt on the top of the wheel hump... Other than that thats all I can think of its been a while since I have done it but it isnt htat bad.... I hope that helped but im sure more ppl will help out!

Btw if you are removing the stock shocks you will get a laugh out of how bad they are worn out. Mine were so bad that I barely put any pressure on them they sunk in, Im so glad I switched them out and now the car plants itself a lot firmer...

If you don't a have an impact wrench, get you something like a large flat head screwdriver and either a pair of vicegrips or the appropiate size crescent wrench to turn.
The front shock bolts maybe rusted and keep turning w/the stem of the shock itself. This can be a pain to get those bolts loose, but the job is very simple itself.

The rear shocks are much easier to replace than the front struts. The stock shocks should have a "slot" in the top of the shaft so you can prevent the shaft from spinning when you are trying to loosen the nut. If you put a large flat head screwdriver in there to hold it, make sure it's a strong one or else you could break a cheap one.

The rear shocks are much easier to replace than the front struts. The stock shocks should have a "slot" in the top of the shaft so you can prevent the shaft from spinning when you are trying to loosen the nut. If you put a large flat head screwdriver in there to hold it, make sure it's a strong one or else you could break a cheap one.

+1 also dont forget to hit the bolts both top and bottom with some PB blaster before you start. You can use a small brush to apply it to the uppers so it doesnt splatter everywhere. Let it soak for about an hour too.

+1 also dont forget to hit the bolts both top and bottom with some PB blaster before you start. You can use a small brush to apply it to the uppers so it doesnt splatter everywhere. Let it soak for about an hour too.

+1 on your +1... don't use WD-40! Use PB Blaster! It will make the job super easy.

You don't even need to jack up the car. Just crawl under car and unbolt shock. Then unbolt inside car and replace.

Easiest shock to replace

+1..... and I think one bolt on the bottom is 14mm. also go with strange adjustable shocks on the rear. They are like $65 each and they are awesome! can adjust them anytime if need be with nothing but reaching your hand behind the rear wheel.