needing serious help... kinda

Like i was saying i just want to know what is thought to be the best way to start upgrading. i am on a serious budget (being military really doen't pay) anyway... i want to start slow but i also need to keep my car running as much as possible. i also want to do most of the work myself. i want to learn the ins and outs of my car.
i have been doing some reading and it seems that i should start by changing my tires and suspension before i do any thing else. is this a good idea?
well it looks like i really don't have a choice in getting new tires as the tires i have a heavily worn. what are some good tires to get?
i was also looking in to changing out the current the single out put exhaust and putting in a new true dual exhaust system in her, is this a good idea for this engin?
are there any mods that i can do to the transmission that i can do to inprove proformance?
i don't know i am really new at this, advice is welcome, and needed. thank you all.

• Sponsors (?)

if you just want to run the quarter mile just put ice on your intake and let it cool all the way down. stock my v6 pulls 15.5 in the 1/4. hell put some gears in the rear end supposably it will get you in the high 14s

True dual exhaust using a GT takeoff catback would cost as little as $200 and is one very good mod. If you go with this exhaust conversion you will need a OEM style muffler hanger for the right side and two exhaust tip hangers for the back. If you can afford to, also get a GT takeoff rear bumper cover either the same color as your car or painted to match. These have the correct cutouts for the exhaust tips which looks much better than having them shimmed so they will clear the bottom of your stock bumper cover.