Engine Neg battery cable

Bradmustang88

Mar 26, 2019
Indaina
Where should it be connected to?? Mines on th ac bracket dont seem right ... belhousing?? Where ive usually seen them
Think ive got a groundind issue with my mustang gt 88 how do i ground out the fuel relay under the seat what wire is ground

Attachments

• 20190408_142143.jpg
    20190408_142143.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Sponsors (?)

On my '87, the negative lead is routed below the power steering pump and is bolted to the driver's side of the timing chain cover just above the front driver's side lip of the oil pan in between the lower radiator hose and oil filter.

The battery ground wire should be bolted to the block, there is a threaded hole near the oil pressure sender is located.
there are four grounds on our stanges, the battery ground mentioned, another smaller wire from the negative battery post to a self tapping screw between the battery and the starter solenoid on the inside fender apron, a black wire from there down to a connector that goes into a wire harness below that, one on the rear of drivers side head going to the firewall and one coming from the injector harness on the passenger side under the throttle body/fuel pump regulator area that is bolted to the back of the head.

The previous owner of my car grounded his out there too under the ac. I was wondering the same thing. Is that a bad spot to ground that negative cable? Probably is...

Ive had 4 or 5 foxbodys and never paid attention to where that cable is grounded. Never had to mess with it.

That was one thing on my to do list, because I don't think its right either. Ill look at the spot that Thief mentioned.

Last edited: