New 5.4L DOHC Intake for Navi heads - Pics Inside!

It will allow any 4.6 SOHC intake to bolt up to a 5.4 SOHC, or any 4.6 DOHC intake to bolt up to a 5.4 DOHC. I read about it online about a month or two ago and emailed them, it should be out shortly.

• Sponsors (?)

kirkyg said:
But what about supercharging...i think you can get more out of a 4.6L SOHC with a Kenne Bell supercharger and forged internals than you could get closed to with this 5.4L setup.

kirkyg

If you took a 5.4L DOHC and built it exactly the same way as the 4.6L DOHC, which do you think will make more power?

You missed my point...it was cost alot of money to have an intake fabricated to work with a kenne bell blower. I think the 4.6L would make more power blown even without getting into the engine then a maxed out 5.4L DOHC would. Just my guess though.

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
You missed my point...it was cost alot of money to have an intake fabricated to work with a kenne bell blower. I think the 4.6L would make more power blown even without getting into the engine then a maxed out 5.4L DOHC would. Just my guess though.

kirkyg

Yep, the 5.4L will cost a bit more. Especially if your building it from scratch like me. I started out with a 97 4.6L GT. So as you can see, I have to buy every single piece to build it. I didn't already have a set of DOHC heads, or 5.4L block, 5.4L crank, Cobra ECU, 4 cams, timing chains etc.

It's all about what you want, and for me it was a 5.4L DOHC.

So the cobra ECU works with the larger displacement ok? I dont understand much more about the ECU's than howthey interact with o2 sensors, and handle a/f and timing.

How long till you have it all together and get some #s? I'm glad your taking this on as i've always thought it would be an awesome project.

kirkyg

Forgive me for being a tech novice but how would you adapt EFI to that intake? Looks like a great new product! And I second the request for info on who makes that intake inthe picture above, thats pretty badazz although i would have set them at an angle to fit under the vented steeda q400 hood or a vented cobra r hood. Have to see how that one turns out though, looks bitchin! :nice:

Kirky: Since you corrected spelling on a previous post, thought I'd point a couple things out to you.

In the post below:
kirkyg said:

kirkyg

A lot is two words, you have a lot of something, "alot" is not a word.

Also in the post below:
kirkyg said:
Also, your probably limiting any supercharger options by going this route without a custom setup designed...

You misused "your." You're probably limiting... is the correct form. You're is a contraction of you are.

Since you're obviously concerned with other's spelling and grammer (as am I), thought I'd point this out.
:nice:

WashingtonStang said:
Forgive me for being a tech novice but how would you adapt EFI to that intake? Looks like a great new product! And I second the request for info on who makes that intake inthe picture above, thats pretty badazz although i would have set them at an angle to fit under the vented steeda q400 hood or a vented cobra r hood. Have to see how that one turns out though, looks bitchin! :nice:

90* elbow to throttle body, 8 injectors, two fuel rails..... give me time and I'll post pics of what it would look like.

2000GTnoExtras said:
Kirky: Since you corrected spelling on a previous post, thought I'd point a couple things out to you.

In the post below:

A lot is two words, you have a lot of something, "alot" is not a word.

Also in the post below:

You misused "your." You're probably limiting... is the correct form. You're is a contraction of you are.

Since you're obviously concerned with other's spelling and grammer (as am I), thought I'd point this out.

How long did it take you to come up with that? lol...i dont try to be grammatically correct on the internet. I do however know how to spell straight. Nonetheless you know why i pointed it out. Its because of the way you responded to me aggressively for no reason. Does it really matter? No so lets move on ;).

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
How long did it take you to come up with that? lol...i dont try to be grammatically correct on the internet. I do however know how to spell straight. Nonetheless you know why i pointed it out. Its because of the way you responded to me aggressively for no reason. Does it really matter? No so lets move on ;).

kirkyg
took about 1/2 a second and I just thought it was ironic more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I was not trying to be a dick, I was mostly just extremely bored.