New 5.4L DOHC Intake for Navi heads - Pics Inside!

• Sponsors (?)

2000GTnoExtras said:
Kirky: Since you corrected spelling on a previous post, thought I'd point a couple things out to you.

In the post below:

A lot is two words, you have a lot of something, "alot" is not a word.

Also in the post below:

You misused "your." You're probably limiting... is the correct form. You're is a contraction of you are.

Since you're obviously concerned with other's spelling and grammer (as am I), thought I'd point this out.
:nice:

The olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht
the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the
huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a
wlohe.

jstreet0204 said:
The olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht
the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total
mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the
huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a
wlohe.

how long did that take you to post :p

I do that alot because i type 100+ wpm. Your hands can get tangled up going that fast.

kirkyg

Flow Numbers
Last Saturday I flowed a set of '99 Cobra heads (slightly ported with stock valves) bare, same head with a '99 Cobra Intake and then with the new Cobra X intake.

--------Bare head--w/Cobra int--w/Cobra X int
.100 -------88-----------89-------------91
.200-------165----------165------------170
.300-------232----------219------------231
.400-------280----------255------------275
.500-------307----------271------------299

There was no modification to the intakes such as port matching. Everthing was done as cast and bolted together.

We will have more info on the web.

We deliver "Performance" @
Modular Performance

The flow numbers are for the Cobra X - carb/efi 5.4L DOHC intake. :nice:

5.4L swap

Does anyone know yet when this intake is coming out and will it fit under a 2 1/2 in. R hood. I going to do the swap one way or another but its just if its going to be SOHC or DOHC. I already built the bottem end of my 4.6 so I'll just switch everything over with the exception of rods. I just want to know what motor to get from the junk yard.

Thanks
Brandon

New Info From John and Mike Temensky at Modular Performance!

Fuel Rails For 5.4L DOHC Intake
Id .700" and use a 3/4-16 AN ort adapters (O-Rings). They are polished and laser etched with logo. They will be available in Blue, Red and Clear.

Intakes are finished.
The new 5.4L DOHC intakes are being shipped to us on 12/4/03.
There are now 4 parts numbers, see our web site.
800-5401A –
800-5401B –
800-5401C –
800-5401D –
The intake includes Stainless-mounting hardware. The price is $599 plus shipping.

If you use the water crossover manifold with an alternator, we offer a new alternator bracket. This will relocate the alternator to the same position as the 2003 Cobra. The same drive belt is maintained.
Part number 850-5410

We have a limited amount of each arriving and we will start filling orders ASAP. Order now!

For dealer pricing, please contact sales at 248 374-9109 or email.

Thanks for waiting.

John
ModularPerformance.com
248 374-9109 phone/fax

saleenride said:
Does anyone know yet when this intake is coming out and will it fit under a 2 1/2 in. R hood. I going to do the swap one way or another but its just if its going to be SOHC or DOHC. I already built the bottem end of my 4.6 so I'll just switch everything over with the exception of rods. I just want to know what motor to get from the junk yard.

Thanks
Brandon

You will need a 5.4L crankshaft as well as rods and you must use Navigator 5.4L heads to use this intake. They have larger intake ports than any 4.6L DOHC head, and this intake has Navigator intake ports.

Get a 2001-up Navigator engine. Check to make sure it has a forged crank because they stopped putting forged cranks in them some time around 2001 I think. I have a Forged crankshaft PN# if yours is cast on my homepage.

Regards,
John

Check your pms i have some questions...I'm confused as to the intake part. Wouldn't a KB replace the intake and wouldn't it be a waste of money? I thought you couldn't bolt on the KB to the DOHC heads? I sent you a pm asking you some questions so get back with me when you get a chance. If indeed with this setup i can swap a 5.4L motor into my GT (dohc) and then install a 2.2L KB then thats what im looking for!

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
Check your pms i have some questions...I'm confused as to the intake part. Wouldn't a KB replace the intake and wouldn't it be a waste of money? I thought you couldn't bolt on the KB to the DOHC heads? I sent you a pm asking you some questions so get back with me when you get a chance. If indeed with this setup i can swap a 5.4L motor into my GT (dohc) and then install a 2.2L KB then thats what im looking for!

kirkyg

The KB/Works/Eaton all use a lower intake manifold. The Modular Performance Blower intakes aren't ready yet. See www.modularfords.com Terminator forums for a lot of KB on 03 Cobras. Yes they fit 4.6L DOHC's.

ok..let's say I get a navigator longblock + eaton/KB intake adapter from modular performance ( whenevr ready) + KB 2.2L blower..does everything fit in my 01GT with an aftermarket hood?...isn't it a killer combo ?..I'm really interesting in the 5.4 dohc swap...

stallion98gt said:
ok..let's say I get a navigator longblock + eaton/KB intake adapter from modular performance ( whenevr ready) + KB 2.2L blower..does everything fit in my 01GT with an aftermarket hood?...isn't it a killer combo ?..I'm really interesting in the 5.4 dohc swap...

Will fit, only mods to accept the 5.4L would be slightly bending an AC line out of the way, Stock Cobra exhaust manifolds slightly grinded on pass side with custom h/x pipe, or Custom longtube headers with H/X pipe, and hood to clear.

As one guy said, "an Eaton/Works/KB on a 5.4L DOHC would own, period!" A single/twin turbo would be even better!

Regards,
John