New 95 stang. Need a little help.

RemoW2112

Apr 18, 2005
I have the following air intake on the new 95 stang I just got. (see pics)

It blocks the oil filler plug. Can I convert this to something a little more friendly?
The current setup up is x302 heads with a Cobra intake and a phenolic spacer and an e303 cam with 1.7 rockers.

Why do I need the phenolic spacer do I need the Trick flow elbow?

Thx for the help,
Dan...

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Ok lets see how i can do with this...

1. A 3/8'' spacer is needed to clear the EGR when using a aftermarket intake manifold.
2. The TFS elbow there is needed to use the 94/95 TB set up. However you can convert to a fox body TB set up and still utilize the internal EGR provisions depending on what "cobra" intake you have. Or you can do what everyone else does and delete it.
3. You should be able to heat and bend the fill tube.

I used a 70mm Accufab TB and Spacer, Fox Throttle cable and bracket, Fox IAC Valve, Fox egr and finally the heater tube from a fox body with the coolant line port (to retain stock fox body cooled EGR passage in spacer). Essentially i converted the system to an internal style EGR system unlike the 94/95 which is though the port on the pass side header. All of this was done without using a spacer.
IMG_0140.jpg

More details.

Thanks for the info.

Here is what I have. The oil fill plug is located right under the IAC valve. My EGR tube is disconnected from the exhaust but the plug and vacuum are still hooked up. The check engine light is not on.

It failed emissions in a spectacular fashion (HC allowed 220, tested 2078!!!) I discovered that it had the wrong plugs in the head and I have changed them. It still does not idle quite right. It acts like an intake leak or a miss but I can't find it. It pulls really hard once you are driving. So I have done plugs, cap, and rotor. I am considering the o2 sensors and I have an MSD 6al I will put on with MSD coil. I am hoping this clears up the emissions problem.

Since I have the gt40x heads and 1.7 rockers with stock valve covers still work? I am willing to switch if it means I can change the oil with out having to pull the throttle body?
Since my EGR is disconnected and the part from the exhaust to the egr valve is open could that be messing with my idle?

I have included picture of my intake. Can someone id which Cobra intake I have?

Thx again,
Dan...

Intake1.jpg

Intake2.jpg

The valve covers are designed for a Fox Body Mustang, and not designed to work on the 94/95's with the elbow.

You can try and make your own air intake, most likely the cheapest option, and see what you can come up with.

But, by looking at the pics, the only other option might be to convert to a Fox style throttle body.