• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

New BFG KDW-2s on hyper-black Saleens

  • Thread starter Thread starter drag0nfan's04GT
  • Start date Start date Sep 29, 2006

drag0nfan's04GT

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
58
0
0
Sierra Vista, AZ
Sep 29, 2006
#1
  • Sep 29, 2006
  • #1
Well, I finally got my tires and new wheels put on. I went with the BFG KDW-2 tires and a set of Saleen replicas in hypercoated black. They are 265/35/18 up front on 9 inch wheels and 295/35/18 on 10 in wheels in the back. The 295s look great on the back with the lowered stance my car already had. The tires have a really cool tread design, but I can't say how they perform since I've only had them on for about a day. I know that a lot of people like the KDWs, and Tire Rack had pretty good ratings on the KDW-2s as well. I'll let you guys know how they work out.
 

Attachments

  • DSC04712111.webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC04713.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 212

01BlkGT

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
1,015
0
36
ATX
Sep 29, 2006
#2
  • Sep 29, 2006
  • #2
Those look good....makes it look like a whole new car...
 

Blinkstang

Member
Apr 2, 2005
316
0
16
Chicago, IL
Sep 29, 2006
#3
  • Sep 29, 2006
  • #3
Yeah looks like a whole different Mustang in your sig, very nice they look good in hyper black on Red!
 

drag0nfan's04GT

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
58
0
0
Sierra Vista, AZ
Sep 29, 2006
#4
  • Sep 29, 2006
  • #4
Thanks. It really does give the car a whole different look. I'd been wanting some new wheels, and I was really needing some new tires. I started a new job this week, so I came in today talking about how nice the new tire/wheel combo is. Next thing I know, my co-workers start telling me about our boss's 2003 MACH 1 that he's put about $8K into already and is always talking about. To say this thing is badass would be an understatement. Of course, I go in to BS about our cars and we hit it off great.
 
S

Saleen4971

New Member
Mar 26, 2003
664
0
0
Setauket, LI
Sep 29, 2006
#5
  • Sep 29, 2006
  • #5
looks awesome man. i have spoken to a few peopel who run those tires and they are really great
 

drag0nfan's04GT

New Member
Sep 9, 2005
58
0
0
Sierra Vista, AZ
Oct 1, 2006
#6
  • Oct 1, 2006
  • #6
This gives you a better idea of how much they fill the wheel well. They do make more noise that the Kumhos I had on before, but who can really tell over the sound of the off-road H and Magnaflows?
 

Attachments

  • DSC047171234.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 150
B

bakos24

I find there is nothing better than a tasty wiener
Nov 29, 1999
4,461
87
134
NE, OH
Oct 1, 2006
#7
  • Oct 1, 2006
  • #7
looks real good man . You'll love those tires. I had them on before and they were awsome.
 

trailblz

New Member
Mar 24, 2004
22
0
0
Gilbert, AZ
Oct 2, 2006
#8
  • Oct 2, 2006
  • #8
Nice!!! I have those same tires on mine.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
J
For Sale 2003 mustang GT
  • jimted79
  • Mar 22, 2025
  • SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04)
Replies
0
Views
645
SN95 Mustangs For Sale (1994-04) Mar 22, 2025
jimted79
J
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
347
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
New to me 98 Cobra
  • bird_dog0347
  • Feb 25, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
2K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Mar 24, 2026
FastDriver
R
Is rear axle offset common with these cars?
  • Rembrant
  • Feb 17, 2024
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
1K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Feb 18, 2024
Yel2002GTAuto
Y
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?