New clutch feels much different

Black 97 Snake

Jun 30, 2002
Vista, CA
I purchased a King Cobra clutch off of eBay and had it installed (My tranny bolts were frozen so we had to take it to a shop). I got the car back today and the clutch pedal is so much lighter and I have to go higher up to disengage. I realize some of this can be because of the different clutch and some b/c the clutch is just new....but should it be THAT big of a difference? The auction said 10% lighter clutch, but I would say more like 30%...not that I am complaining as the car seems to run great with the new clutch. I am just wondering if this is a typical feeling.

Also, I was wondering if anyone could explain why my foot feels so much heavier after driving my wife's Accord for almost a month? :D

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I know the King Cobra clutch is supposed to be lighter and easier to modulate then the stock clutch, which is the opposite of clutches like SPEC and other harder gripping clutches. As far as the 10% claim vs. your 30% feel, maybe it's just you. But as long as the clutch isn't slipping and grabs each gear hard, you are fine.

As for your heavy foot....I think it's becuase your Cobra is just a liiiiiittle faster then the 4 banger Accords....and about equal with the V6's. :flag: :D ;)