New clutch in, and I'm NEVER doing that again!

Back2Mustangs

Sep 2, 2004
T45 on a 4.6 is a pain in the rear!! Nowhere near as easy as 5.0 w/T5... and WTF is up with the new third, secret bolt on the starter!?!? Took myself, and a friend to get that one bolt out using a 1 1/2' extension, swivel, 2" extension and another swivel.... Thats crap! :D Then the T45 is like an auto tranny with the BH mounted to it. If I ever have to replace another clutch on this car or another 4.6 Mustang, I'm paying someone else to do it! I thought something as simple as changing the plugs on an LT1 was stupid-hard.... this clutch job just took the cake!

I also replaced the main e-brake cable, and the front wheel-bearing hubs Sunday, on the same day as the clutch install, and both of those tasks took me literally 30 minutes combined....but the clutch took the rest of the entire day(including 3 hours it took to get the flywheel turned), but still! Give me a break! I also see that a simple Header swap is going to be not so simple either...guess I'll wait to change those when I get the tube k-member, new mounts, and an o/r h-pipe...might as well forge the bottom end while I'm at it! :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)