New Control Arms and a New Stance

ike34

Jan 16, 2004
Waterloo, IA
I installed a set of Maximum Motorsports Control Arms with Ajustable Spring Perches. I also installed a 98 Cobra rear sway bar. Im going to raise the rear some, its settled from me driving it, and now its lower than the front

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Before

picture.php

picture.php

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the comments guys

Can't tell if I am seeing it correctly or not, but the pig tails of the springs are supposed to be pointed towards the drivers side.

They are both pointed towards the passenger side, because that is the way that they came out, is it going to hurt anything being this way or should I change them around?

perfect stance
btw- whats hanging down in the 2nd to last pic

They were cutouts, but I redid my midpipe and didnt put them back in, they might go back in eventually though

i just put extreme dutys on mine too. i love them. what kind of springs do you have that makes you lower the perches that much to make it sit level? i have road and track springs and have the perches right at stock ride height and it still looks like its about to sit ass low.

i just put extreme dutys on mine too. i love them. what kind of springs do you have that makes you lower the perches that much to make it sit level? i have road and track springs and have the perches right at stock ride height and it still looks like its about to sit ass low.

I was told by the previous owner they are moroso drag springs, they raise the rear, I plan on running a 28 inch tire on my welds when I go to the drag strip, but I dont have them yet, I might cut a 1/2 of a coil off after I get some tires to go off of.
are your upper boxes reinforced?

I have a stangbox from wild rides race cars, and my lowers are fully welded up and reinforced

thanks bro.

i have very similar control arms now. i need new bushings and one of the adjusters is sheared off. i am kinda just leaning towards getting some MM unit's for peace of mind. $380 though...
Yeah they are not cheap, they pop up on ebay and corral not often but not rarely (if that makes sense). I got really lucky I bought mine of ebay for $225 to my door almost brand new.
J&M (Hotparts) are similar and I haven't heard anything bad about there products. Or wait for MM's to pop up and jump on it.

I need to hurry up and roll my rear fenders so I can lower mine down a bit. Right now I have them full up. I either need to come down 3/4 inch or push the front up 1/2 or so somehow

Yeah they are not cheap, they pop up on ebay and corral not often but not rarely (if that makes sense). I got really lucky I bought mine of ebay for $225 to my door almost brand new.
J&M (Hotparts) are similar and I haven't heard anything bad about there products. Or wait for MM's to pop up and jump on it.

i didnt think that they were adjustable like that. i know AM sells the j&m stuff. i almost bought them over my fms stuff.. ill look into it more.

thanks for the info. btw car looks great.

I would turn those springs around, you want the pig tails pointing towards the drivers side cause then you have the whole pig tail wrapped around the front of the perch. Since the spring gets bent it may want to shift a little bit with the way you have it, the other way around it wont move at all.

BTW car looks great with the new arms. I wouldn't lift it at all. The stance is perfect!

I would turn those springs around, you want the pig tails pointing towards the drivers side cause then you have the whole pig tail wrapped around the front of the perch. Since the spring gets bent it may want to shift a little bit with the way you have it, the other way around it wont move at all.

BTW car looks great with the new arms. I wouldn't lift it at all. The stance is perfect!

Thanks, That makes sense, I just put them in the way I took them out, I will change them around, thanks for your help.