New dyno numbers

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
I gave up on tuning it myself so I had it dyno tuned today. I found the cause of all my tuning troubles tho....My wideband was waaaaaayyy off...The first pull with my tune showed around 12.5:1 on the AEM and the dyno WB pegged at 18:1 while the car made around 280rwhp :eek: Added 25% fuel and the next pull made 409rwhp. :cool: I now have the WB calibrated so it reads very close to what the dyno WB was showing.

I did have the timing pretty much right on tho. After he got the A/F tuned right the car made 449rwhp / 475rwtq. That's +10 on the torque and the same hp...My changes are port matched intake, switch to speed density, AEM EMS, LQ9 coil on plug setup, and 3" tailpipes instead of dumps.

Also, my old dyno says "Actual Horsepower", which I think is STD numbers? This one is SAE corrected, which is usually 5-10rwhp lower than STD. :)

dyno09.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Muuuuuuch better now :D I forgot how fast this car actually is until I drove it today.

It drives really nice too. I still need to fix some slight bucking around 1500 rpm and below, but other than that it runs very smooth. I'm happy with it for a change. :)

I need to get off my ass and go work on mine. Deleted my EGR, because I think the tube was leaking causing bank 1 to read lean, until the O2 sensor failed out when the adaptive strategy reached its limit. Right now I just need to put my X-pipe back on and fix a power steering leak and I think it should run good. I won't make that much power under boost though. :(

Great numbers, that's alot of power from an NA small block

I'll probably need the same fixings....do you have a base tune for your set up that I can work off of?

Hell yeah I'd be happy to help. :nice: I know I had so much trouble finding a good tune to look at...I never did find one close to my setup. The AEM forums are crap, and I didn't get much help in the AEM section on corral either.

I'll post up my .cal file later tonight. I'm getting ready to head out to a car show in a few minutes. :)

Here's my tune for Aaron, http://www.mustangaddiction.com/aem/DynoTune.V1.19.cal

On one of the dyno runs the floor mat got pushed up under the pedal so the throttle was only open about 80-85%. The car was down 15-20hp and tq on that run. Do you guys think I could pick up around 10-15hp by installing a better flowing tb? I know the Accufab 80mm tb flows 200-300cfm more than my Holley tb. I don't know if a 90mm would fit on my intake since it had to be opened up from 75 to 80mm already.

AEM UEGO wideband, AEM - Single Channel Wideband UEGO Controller Module

I have no idea why it was so far off other than there may be something wrong with it. It seems to work fine, just the calibration was off. AEM says to set it up so the voltage it puts out matches what the computer shows and run the wizard for the UEGO wideband in the software. The settings matched exactly what the wideband instructions had listed. :shrug:

It came with the AEM EMS when I bought it so I can't complain too much. If I had to buy one though, I would definitely go with one that has a gauge.