New England Cruise to FFW on Saturday 21st

MCRParts.com

Founding Sponsor
Mar 21, 2002
New Hampshire
Hi Guys,

We're getting a cruise together to go up to FFW on Saturday Aug. 21st.

We'll all meet in the Rockingham Mall parking lot,at the Sears Tire Center building.

The mall is located in New Hampshire Exit 1 off 93 North.We'll meet at 8:00 and cruise up.

WHos ever interested in going please post so we can get some kind of head count.

Tony

• Sponsors (?)

Count me in for that...

But, last time I went up to FFW all the rendevous points were empty for various reasons.. alot of people bowed out at the last minute or went later in the day.. This made for a roadtrip and a half using my "no-maps" GPS to get to FFW down every back road in NH.. fun backroad drive but not a shortcut by any means...

-DC

dark_cobra_01 said:
Count me in for that...

But, last time I went up to FFW all the rendevous points were empty for various reasons.. alot of people bowed out at the last minute or went later in the day.. This made for a roadtrip and a half using my "no-maps" GPS to get to FFW down every back road in NH.. fun backroad drive but not a shortcut by any means...

-DC

DAMN SELL OUTS :rlaugh:

Well we'll be there,so u can cruise up with us. We'll also post the 3rd annual Fun Spot cruise shortly after that one. This year I'll call that diner and tell them to get cookin because a bunch of hungry guys are comin. :D

I'm leaving probably around 6 am from New Bedford to head up there for the weekend. I will be towing my 04GT. so far its just me and my brother following up in his explorer. we usually stop at the Burger King on 24 for some Dunkin coffee before heading all the way there. anyone wanting to follow that early is welcome to.

I'm thinking the same thing...

So, I just got off the phone with New England Dragway...

Here's what they had to say:

--> They won't cancel the event until Saturday Morning at 7am (they'll look out the window for rain)

--> If it's cancelled, all tickets purchased will then be valid as a raincheck for entrance to another day.

Here's some "I don't know" answers from them ...

--> The rep had no idea about what happens to the racing schedule if saturday is cancelled ..

--> The rep had no idea if the whole weekend would be cancelled if Saturday is a washout since you can't fit two days of racing in one day..

So it's still a big .... :shrug:

Anyone else know ??

Matt Rise said:
Joe, if they follow the NMRA train of thought, they will move everything up a day, qualifying on Sunday, eliminations on Monday. That's what they did when we were in Ohio. Then again, you could go to www.funfordevents.com and ask Mr. George Klass himself.

Matt

Matt 1 more rainout and I'm going to find an indoor activity. This is getting ridiculus. Wish I had your patience. :bang: Although Atco was alot of fun sitting under the canopy in the rain.... :bs:

GUYS,

WE'RE MOVING THIS THING TO SUNDAY MORNING INSTEAD.Looks like a real good chance of thunderstorms on Saturday and its gonna be real hot.

Sunday is suppost to be nice and dry and 70s.

Sorry but,I don't want to get wet spent 25.00 to get in and then pack it all up,or sweat my nuts off out there in that field.

Sunday looks awesome weather wise. Frickin New England for you.

We will be at the mall at 8:00 on SUnday,anyone that wants to meet up post a reply :flag:

I called N.E.D again. (603)-679-8001

They will be opening the gates at 7am... but they said someone will be around as early as 6am to determine whether or not to cancel the event..

I'm gonna call at 6am tomorrow, and if they don't cancel it I'll be drivin up..

Who else is still going Saturday ??? I'm planning to go right through Boston on 93 to save time at this point..

-DC

FYI

Track says we will be racing this afternoon.

I am pitted 3 spot in on the left next to the last grandstand but on the road. Can't miss me.

My truck has the AWWYEA license plates....

see ya there....