New exhaust system

dyldrake

Aug 22, 2010
I was thinking about getting BBK headers and X-pipe, with a magnaflow magnapack. Am I going with the right brand on everything?Will it add hp? If so, how much?
by the way my car is and 03 mustang gt STOCK

Posted via Mobile Device

• Sponsors (?)

Hearing it in person is the best. The youtube videos give you a general idea, if you hear a good sounding mustang ask them if you have the chance.

Everyone has different opinions about exhaust, to each their own. I always recommend the prochamber + MAC longtubes. I think the prochamber does a better job with the exhaust note. With the catback - do as you please.

Like what was said above- expect ~20-25rwhp w/ a tune.

ive learned a valuable lesson...longtubes of fail. shortys sound good but no extra horse power, if hp is not an issue shortys sound actually real good, i love mine. i run bbk shortys, bassani or-x, mac proflows, and 2.5in exhaust from headers to tips

Don't go with Magnaflow Magnapacks. I have them on my 91 GT (which has a 97 Cobra 32V motor) They are way too loud with the o/r X-pipe and stock manifolds. L/T's will quiet it down, but I still don't see it sound good. My car is just loud. No tuned tone....just loud. Sounds like a POS with a hole in the muffler amplified 200 times.

This video does no justice. It's louder than this. You should hear it when I drive it down the road. And I still haven't taken it over 4,000 RPM's while driving.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x258/svt32vdohc/4-Modfox/?action=view&current=MOV00807.flv

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

I have Magnapacks and I really like them, however I have a catted midpipe. The general wisdom is that if you're using a catted midpipe, get the Magnapacks; if you're using an offroad midpipe, get the regular Magnaflows. As for which longtubes will fit, I've heard that SLP fits with no issues, and the Bassani mid-lengths fit as well.

I have Magnapacks and I really like them, however I have a catted midpipe. The general wisdom is that if you're using a catted midpipe, get the Magnapacks; if you're using an offroad midpipe, get the regular Magnaflows. As for which longtubes will fit, I've heard that SLP fits with no issues, and the Bassani mid-lengths fit as well.

I hear that....this is my first time with these. I never had them, nor has a friend had them. I talked to a friend that has a metal fab/welding shop and he said to bring it buy when I'm done and he'll mess with it. It I go Flows, some piping will have to be fabbed cause those tails are unqiue to the packs. He'll try that or add some new cats and see what it sounds like. I did him a favor yesterday on some parts, so it'll prolly be cheap or trade.