New for Mustangs, but not Fords...

Well most of you don't know me. I've owned a Mercury Sable which I made into an awesome suspension corner handling bitch! I then bought a 1989 Ford Taurus SHO, and then finally decided to get a Mustang. I purchased a 1995 Ford Mustang GT with a 5speed. This thread is the for the transformation of the car from what it is, to what it should be. So far I've replaced the ignition plugs, ignition rotor, and distributor cap. I repaired the battery terminals and cables. I've replace the engine oil, transmission oil, and differention. I also replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the K&N air filter the previous owner had installed. Well since most of you don't even know what she looks like. I figured I would take a couple of pics of the car before I start it's transformation in the car sexiness hall of fame.

Anyhow, here are some pics... Enjoy!

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo6.jpg

Notice anything in this pic?
photo5.jpg

Maybe the driver's door and rear quarter panel... That's where most of my skills will come into play ;)
photo9.jpg

Here's the beginning of the transformation... A used straight driver's side door. $50 at Pick-N-Pull
photo8.jpg

Here's Elgar's brother... Matthew. Or as I like to call him. Black Matt.
photo7.jpg

Enjoy! This thread will be updated as the transformation goes.

Sal

• Sponsors (?)

Ok well, I've been busy at work since we last spoken.

Here's the fender coming off in order to replace that horrid door.
IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

Good bye door!
IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

Hello straight door!
IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Well, the door I picked up was for a V6 Mustang. Now the difference between them both is, the GT door offered a couple of options like Mach 460 and a different latch assembly which turned on the lights if the door handle gets pulled. That was a pain in the ass to transfer all the stuff over. Plus the door did not include glass, had a cut wiring harness, horrible rivits that would not budge, and is green!

Here's a pic of the transfer over and the mess in the back yard.
IMG_0064.jpg

More to come....

Well Christmas came very early for Sal...

IMG_0081.jpg

I bought a couple of items I needed and one I wanted to play with. I ended up buying Ford Racing 9mm wires, and energy suspension transmission mount and engine mounts. Oh also a Summit Racing catless H pipe.

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

Oh I can't forget to mention I got BBK springs used from a local guy here. I painted them since I HATE the light blue look.

IMG_0085.jpg

Although I did keep the BBK untouched just incase I decide to sell them.

Here's a comparison of the two engine mount sets.
IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

Yeah, those stock mounts needed to go! Prior, I would rev the motor and the motor was all over the place. Now she sits still and the rev rocks the car! I love it!

My mayhem in progress
IMG_0088.jpg

Here's the transmission mount comparison.
IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

As you can see, I really did need a transmission mount.
IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

More pics to come of the exhaust...

BTW, I didn't paint those wheels or calipers or rear tail light bezels. Previous owner, he was like 19yrs old...lol

I'm just trying to reverse it all and get her ready for paint. Oh and BTW, I am spraying the jams and all. So no worries, no green jams! ;)

Nice job so far!! Looks like you have a great start on it!! I do have to ask..how well do you like the fitment on that H? Mine ain't worth a crap for some reason.

Nice car and keep it goin and remember .......WE LOVE PIX!!

I won't know yet on the fitment until I install it ;)

I'm sending it out to get installed only cause I'm having the "H" part welded and the smog pipe welded on too. I will post pics when it's all done. I just gotta get some MIL Eliminators now ;)

Thanks, I know. I love pics too and will be taking plenty during this transformation.

Appreciate the comments!

It's a GT so you don't need MIL eliminators. Those are for OBD-II cars with cat monitoring.
Just install your two O2's into the bungs in the new H and you're good.

glad to see those springs worked out for you.
like Hissin said,no need for MIL's.
i was thinking about getting a set of those motor mounts,any additional vibration with those?

Sweet, could u take more pictures of the mechanism that activates the lights when the handle is pulled?

I havent been in my car in over 2 years....dont recall my GT doing that.

That's actually a part of the remote door opener system (can't for the life of me remember the real name right now). It's a small module in the trunk on the driver's side, around the corner from the fuel pump inertia switch. There's a plastic part that holds the optional anti-theft module - this remote door opener is on the back side of this plastic panel.

My Cobra clone has the module and the interior lights turn on when you pull the handle; my GT does not have the module and the interior lights do not turn on.

Well, here we go again...

I found someone in Mexico that was willing to install the H-pipe. Here are some pics of what we did, and how we did it.

Stock H-pipe coming off...
IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

Stock H-pipe off and sitting on the ground.
IMG_0095.jpg

**** YOU CATS! ALL FOUR OF YOU CATS!
IMG_0096.jpg

Here she is empty as can be...
IMG_0097.jpg

BTW, sorry for the pics... I took them on my iPhone and it was getting pretty dark outside. Not too good of lighting.

Anyhow, new H-pipe mounted at the exhaust manifolds and center hanger.
IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

O2s installed...
IMG_0100.jpg

A pic of the center hanger...
IMG_0101.jpg

It all went smooth until...
IMG_0102.jpg

As you can see, the kid who owned it before me had these old school Flowmaster 40s installed, well when they were installed the guy who installed them didn't install this peice of piping correctly. If we got the flange to bolt up to the H-pipe, the muffler would be literally touching the drive shaft... Which is a big no-no.

Here's what we did instead...
IMG_0103.jpg

We cut that ****er off! Anyhow, here's a pic of the amazing weld job the previous owner had done.
IMG_0104.jpg

Welds like that were located all over the stock H-pipe, as if someone removed the cats then reinstalled them to pass smog.

IMG_0105.jpg

Here's some new piping getting installed...
IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

This guy, we'll call him Pablo... Pablo did some really good work! I think I found a new friend!

Now, all fun has to come to an end...
IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Very nice neat and clean welds...
IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

Here's the end result...
IMG_0115.jpg

I started it, and MAN! I love the sound of this thing! NOW SHE SOUNDS LIKE A V8!

I have much more to come! So stay tuned!

Davis3...don't you have the same mid on your car?? Did you have any trouble with the mounting?

no trouble,went in pretty easy.
but,i think the passanger side pipe was a little short.

i already had my flowmaster after cat installed,tailpipes nice and even.
when i replaced the factory h pipe with the summit,nothing else was touched.
the passanger side tailpipe was pulled in what looked to be almost two inches.
its a good thing i only used the clamps,instead of welding it in,i loosened the tailpipe to muffler clamp and pulled it out even again.