New from Arizona

4eyegt

Sep 25, 2009
Yuma, Az
P1000691-1.jpg

P1000694.jpg

Ok I've had this 86 GT for about a month or two. I bought it from my GF's cousin for $1200. It had a few problems when I got it. The two biggest being the T5 going out and the rear makes a clicking noise below 15 mph when stopping. The speakers in the car didn't work, the A/C and heat don't work and the driver window wouldn't roll up. On a positive note it has 3.73 gears and a Trac-Lok or whatever it is called when it leaves two black marks, a brand new clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing and clutch quadrant.

So far I ordered all new dew wipes and run channels, sunvisors, Rockford Fosgate speakers front and rear, power window motor, almost $50 in random trim screws and interior pieces...... oh and this for $600:

P1000689.jpg

P1000690.jpg

It pumps fuel but doesn't want to start. Almost starts until I release the key. I just bought it for the rims and the T5. So far I found it has the following aftermarket stuff:
15x8 Enkei rims
Hurst short throw
Mac shorties
Off road H pipe
2.5" cat back with Flowmaster but no tails

I'll pull what I need/want and get rid of the rest. Not sure if it will be parted out or a full roller. Have to see how I feel about it after pulling what I want. I may pull the 5.0 out of the donor and build a 347 stroker if funds permit. I also need to check out the rear to see if it has better gears and a trac-lok. I'm hoping for 4.10's.

Anyway how did I do?:shrug: Were these two cars worth $1800? Both have clear titles and rust free.

• Sponsors (?)

Forgot to mention that the regatta blue is the third paint job on the car. Originally it was black. I'm fixing it up and one of the items on my list is the original black paint. The wing on the 87-93 LX is the same wing on the 85-86 GT so I have the correct wing in the correct color on the donor. Just need to pull it and install it.