New From California : 1989 Mustang Gt.

UC1989

Aug 20, 2014
I purchased this a month ago . It is a 1989 Mustang GT . It looks and runs fantastic, but needs some work. It's kind of like me . I look good dressed , but when I take my shirt off I could stand to do a few situps.

It currently has : AOD( I know)/w shift kit , bbk CAI , BBK short headers , BBK catted x pipe , Cobra upper/lower intake, custom hood, stalker front kit, Magnaflow catback , subframe connectors ,MSD ignition, 5 lug conversion , 17x9 front 17x10 rear SC replicas w/ 285/40/17 rear and 245 / 40/17 front. The car has 2.73's, which is good for my drive . The suspension is Shady to me at best with cheap monroes and some unknown springs for now . It failed EVAP test due to leak in fuel system, so I have to find that and while im there upgrade some things . It may have more, but I have yet to dive into her fully.

My goal for this car: Show and go / weekend car.. With occasional trip to the fun drags at the local raceway and the local auto-x course. To some it may look complete and show worthy already, but not quite .

I live in California so Smog is an issue so this build will fall along some guidelines (like keep my old engine when its time to smog and swap out the built one)
I purchased new in the last week:
Heater core and hoses (was bypassed)
Full upper gasket kit
Fuel pump BBK 190lph
fuel pump sending unit
fuel pump bracket
new power steering pump
BBK fuel rails
BBK FPR
Ford racing 3.73 gears
Koni adjustable red struts.
Eibach sportlines
(maybe more, My livingroom is full of Boxes from e-bay, summit, ford racing, rock auto etc..)

I'm working from the rear to the front I suppose. The major things will be the tubular K member and the engine build.. The interior will get restored to OEM (scarlet red).

I'm really just dialing it in until I can start my engine build. I want to button up all the Preventative maintenance and old worn stuff before I dive too hard in performance and paint. It will be driven while getting restored until time for engine swap ,paint and interior.

I'm torn on the engine build (347, 306 w all the fixins , supercharged?) , I know it will keep the AOD but in Lentech form .

I will be here for advice and to buy parts. I am new to Foxbodies. I have always wanted one as a kid/teen/young adult. Now I'm done with college in my mid 30's I can afford to build one . Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)