New GUY HERE

08blueskunk

May 8, 2008
Maine
OK so i just got my new job and i am thinking about picking up an 08' GT. The dealer found the one i wanted Vista Blue with Black Leather 5 spd. And i am going to have them paint on the stripes.

I am not new to mustang but i am new to NEWER cars. My last mustang was a 97 Cobra convertible 32v V8. Now my cobra compared to the New 08 seemed to be much more aggressive than these newer GT's. Even though both cars are talking 300hp and 300 ft. Lb. I did have flowmaster Cat back and drop in K&N, What will help me get to that point where i left off with my cobra with this GT. I ask beacuse i am not sure doing the basics (CAI, and exhaust) will help with the electronic throttle and such.

• Sponsors (?)

Get your intake and tune at the same time, you can get a round 30 hp with the intake and tune combo. I perfer bama chips, but there others as well. That alone should smoke your cobra. The bama programer will get rid of any throttle lag you may have from the drive by wire set up. Gears really help these cars, I have the 4:30's and there awesome, but at least would recomend 4:10's. Gears will make it feel like it picked up another 25 hp. Long tube headers are the way to go for hp and torque, around 20 they say. Shorties don't do much on the 3 valve. Also an aluminum drive shaft really free's up some ponies on these cars. Were glad to have, just keep reading posts and you'll pickup all kinds of valueble info and tips.

Exhaust (mufflers/catback) is basically just for sound with these newer stangs... CAI with a good tune/tuner is the way to go.

My car with a C&L Street, SCT canned tune, and the GT500 rims/tires ripped a 13.4 @ 105 at Atco Raceway NJ back in April. :nice:

If you don't care about "pretty", go with the JLTII intake. Cheap and flows very well. That with a custom tune from Brenspeed or Bamachips will definitely clear up the throttle lag. After that, you'll love the car.

OK i know what i said before but i just talked to a guy that has a Used 2006 for sale, 4.10 gears, intake, flowmaster Diablo tuner? it has 14,500 miles and is asking $21K should i go with this over $26k for a new 08'???????

P.S. He works at a ford dealership and all the parts are from the ford performance upgrade catalog

yeah thats what i am affraid of. yeah i know they arn't in the actual catalog but he is the parts guy for the dealership and he ordered them through the dealership. he told me on the phone today and said he actually cleaned it today and noticed that there isn't any dings or scratches at all on the car.

my thoughts are that the mods i would be wanting to do right away are already done and i can save $5k and use the money to do something else.

He says he also has the Off road (cat-less)x-pipe but took it off because it was too loud.

don't think i want to pay the bullit price though.

I wasn't excited about the Used 06 i looked at. Night and day difference in cars between that and new, But he had some wierd mismatched tires that were decetly worn, You know anyone with a car liek this is going to be burning some tires and i don't think i feel like dealing with tha, when i can buy new.

CAI tuner Packages???
Diablo tuner vs SCT????

I would buy new, you get a much better interest rate, a great warrenty and you get more of a choice in the matter as far as color, options and what have you. Plus you know it hasn't had the dog water run out of it unless I test drove it at some point hee hee. When your laying down that kind of coin, think of it as an investment, it really is with a mustang compared to other cars. You can get some really good deals on new with the slugish economy, high gas prices and all. Do your homework and don't be afraid to shop. That new GT is waiting for you out there somewhere. Test drives can be fun, start with the shelby 500, then shelby GT, bullet, vert, then buy your GT on your terms. Some dealers can be funny about thier shelby's and test drives. I've delt with the same dealer for 15 years, they wll let me take out anything on the lot by my self, thats how I got to drive a shelby 500. They have a few shelby GT's, a test drive in one of those shouldn't be a problem, thats what sold me on my hurst shifter. They knew I would buy something at the end of the day. I got a GT/CS for 26 grand with rebates and X-plan. There are deals to be had and it can be a lot of fun finding that right stang. Good luck and hope to continue seeing you a round.

yeah i am using x-plan and a GT rebate of $1500 and i told the 1st dealer about the 2nd dealer, and he said to come by and he will beat any price the 2nd dealer gave me, I am going to use to my advantage to get them to paint the white stripes on it.

i made the purchase last night,

what i wanted:
2008 Vista blue Gt Premium 5sp.
Dark charcoal leather
17" wheels

what i got:
2008 Vista blue Gt Delux 5sp.
Slate gray Leather interior
18" Wheels.

all for the same price basically. I am going to have to wait on the stripes because they wanted $2800 to paint them on.