New Guy....

mtpruden

Jun 18, 2007
Bangor, WA
Hello there, I'm the New Guy here. First off, I want you guys to know I am a converted person from driving Nissans, but only RWD ones. I've had cars set up mainly for SCCA racing because torque isnt as big a factor in that type of racing :D
I thought that everyone drove Mustangs, seeing them back home was no big deal, and I never thought I would own one. Then, I rode in a friends (Drew Shipley) Bullitt, and was very impressed with the way it handled. And GOD IT SOUNDED GOOD, nothing remotely like what I was driving. So I began my search, looked at 03-04 Cobras, 93 Cobras, some of the 99 and ups, and finally found the one, a 86 LX. Light, manual, big motor, seemed like a good combo. Well, the car I bought is nothing remotely close to stock.
393 built from a 351 SVO block (4 bolt)
H-Beam Rods
Scat Crank
Brodex Heads
Canton Pan
Trick Flow upper and lower intake
JBA shorty headers that have been jet hot coated
Aeromotive Fuel System
Vortech T-trim supercharger
Griffin 4 core radiator with a black magic puller fan and 2 small pushers in front of the condenser.
B&M oil cooler located in front of the condenser.
MSD ignition and custom chip.
Borg Warner viper spec 6 speed (should handle up to 1000hp) with aluminum drive shaft
Rear end has 31 inch splines, Arbor posy and TA cover
Bear brakes 13 front and 12 rear
Suspension has Koni yellow adjustable coil over conversions front and rear. Global west front A arms and global west lower rear control arms. New front and rear sway bars and global west sub frame bars (welded in).
4 point custom roll cage
Fuel Safe 20 gallon race tank with Aeromotive fuel pump inside
Smog pump replaced with a ford crank case evacuation pump
New carpet, Recaro seats, dash and 140mph speedo
10k miles on the engine
New paint, weatherstripping, etc....
now im sure u guys wanna see pics...

Attachments

• 5e25_1.jpg
    5e25_1.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 65bb_1.jpg
    65bb_1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Sponsors (?)

hopefully, im prolly gonna try and get to bremerton this weekend, if the weathers nice, i dont have many details on the Mustang Round Up, but i'm going home on leave july 10th-29th, so i may have to find a place to store the new 'Stang.

its a T-trim and the motor is 9.5:1 compression, so dont wanna run too much boost thru it. Yes, I bought the one ebay, got it for a steal, 11K. Its the SVO block too, with forged internals, so that motor is worth what I paid for the car. The car flat HAULS man, and handles sweet too, because of the Koni adjustables. I'm freakin in love.