New here from District of Columbia (soon to be San Diego, CA)

JCBeaver

Mar 23, 2018
San Diego, CA
Hello fellow members,

I signed up a while ago, but never formally introduced myself. I am currently located in Washington DC and will be relocating to San Diego CA in less than 3 weeks from now.

I got a 93 Mustang GT with bunch of upgrades. Currently running the old school 1.5L Kenne Bell Supercharger along with PIMPXS ECU. I have got Maximum Motorsports K Member coming and will be upgrading to coil-overs once it arrives.

Looking forward to learning from you guys and possibly contribute to some threads!

Attachments

• IMG_8187.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I absolutely love it!!

I finally finished her up not long ago like 1.5 month ago and have been working on dialing her in with the PIMPXS tuner. it is a huge learning curve working with that tuner but I think I am good now. Just need to take her to emissions and hopefully I will pass within a couple of tries after working with the tuners to pass the sniffer test.

She kicks ass! It is my first supercharged set up with a 5 speed. Man I absolutely love her even though she is wrestling me every day with different kinds of issues LOL. Does not help with the fact that I am throwing bunch of aftermarket stuff on it running into many different roadblocks. I think I have most stuff worked out. Just installed the headliner and the interior yesterday. Almost done before I decided to upgrade my suspension again going with full maximum motorsports front set up and stiffer rear springs. I put Dakota Digital Gauge Cluster in a couple of weeks ago and it sure is a game changer! I will be sure to share more pictures of everything later on!

Reactions: 1 users
Thats correct. They also released 2.1 and 2.2 Blowzilla/Flowzilla versions, however, I dont think they had any intercoolers but they supposedly did better due to less restrictive airflow by using GT40 or Cobra lower manifold I believe. I am using the 93 factory lower manifold. I need to do more homework on the newer units to see what the benefits are. I actually missed out on a 2.2 blowzilla unit locally recently.. I am still banging my head about it ha. Still cant believe how much she kicks ass with all those 20 year old stuff with some upgrades and a modern computer! The engine is done over bored .020 over, roller rockers, custom mild anderson cam, 42 lbs injectors. Runs well with PIMPXS tuner I have been working with. Took her out for a spin today and she still puts a smile on my face however I think I may have a clutch or trans install issue. It doesnt seem to like it when I try to rev past 4k.. A lot of vibration and it seems to have hard time going beyond 4k. I will have to verify that with a few more runs WOT runs.

One of the best mod I have had so far is surprisingly a $20 mod - Maximum Motorsports' clutch height adjuster. Cant believe I have been driving the car without it for a good while. Granted I have a brand new clutch and brand new maximum motorsports clutch cable/quadrant/firewall adjuster, BUT my wife was laughing at how I couldn't be smooth with my car after not driving it for almost one year going thru whole bunch roadblocks. I hate how the factory clutch height is so high so it is a little difficult for me to be smooth in the city. A few days after my wife made fun of me, I got around to installing that clutch height adjuster, which was collecting dust on my shelves. Wow! I love this car all over again! Feels like a much more precise sport car. They should have come from factory like that!

Reactions: 1 user