Dealing with a few months old baby and a coyote swap on top of regular 40 hour a week job took more of my time away than I thought! I really wanted to give you guys more regular updates, but I guess it wont be too regular
Got her running last week and filled up the fluids. Went to get her aligned and I did not drive her for too long before the power steering pump started to spray ATF all over. So she has been on the jack-stands since late last week as I tore out the AN adapter fitting I bought from PBH Performance. I found a mangled o-ring (probably overtightened and I decided to put in a new pump so the o ring was reused). I got some more o-rings coming in the mail tomorrow then she should be back on the road. PBH swears by this o ring and insists that I I should run their o-ring only. I complied and spent $30 on 4 O-Rings to be overnighted to me
The AN adapters and the braided lines I got gave me more headaches than what it is worth. My car is not a show car so I kind of regret the choice. At least I am almost done. If I could do it over, i would just go to hydraulic shop and have them build me the hoses I need with the proper fittings. Beats running adapters any day.
The 98 Mustang exhaust system went into my fox no problem after I shaved off all of the exhaust hangers. Now I need to find someone to weld the new hangers on for me. Currently is held up by some dry cleaners' wire clothes hanger
She runs and drives pretty well other than stalling/dying during deceleration due to no communication between the computer and the transmission. The way this computer is tuned right now it needs to know what kind of load I am putting out from the transmission. It is a quite common problem on any coyote swap that do not have any speed output to the computer. I am going to get her tuned which is supposed to fix this problem.
Unfortunately, I acquired a major drain somewhere in the ford racing control pack system. The drain was present on the donor 98 GT. The prev owner insisted that the battery lever was present to deter thieves when I asked him if it was due to a battery drain. I knew that was some BS. I practically stole that donor anyway. Go figure I thought.... At least I can isolate it to the control pack, but even so, it is beyond my head to pin down the issue. Probably will leave this to the performance shop. In the meantime, I will utilize the lever.
While the fox is on jack stands over the weekend, I quickly painted the engine covers with Duplicolor Engine Enamel. While not perfect, I am happy with the concept. I will have them professionally painted eventually. I painted the intake tube as well. Cast Coat Iron color is less of an eyesore than a polished tube, but still not happy with how the tube looks. Probably will spray it black after all.
Cant wait to beat on her once the exhaust hangers are in and the tune worked out. Should be good to go after this weekend!
On to the pictures: