New Member From Canada Checking In!

cdntorque

Jun 20, 2015
Hi all,

New member from Western Canada here.

I've always wanted a nice V8 muscle car ever since I got my license at 16. Now that I am in my late 20's, I am in a position to make it happen financially. Since I don't want to make any fast decisions, I am going to wait about a year, talk to my financial planner and invest my money in something safe to let it grow while I am making up my mind for sure. Timeframe about a year or so, so no impulse buys, since the bug to get a secondary car is pretty new. I'm pretty damn good at delaying gratification.

When I was in high school, a friend of mine was given an '89 5.0 LX hatch from his father, who bought it new. It was bone stock and I can still hear the distinct Mustang exhaust sound and the sound of it being downshifted into second gear.
Sadly the car has been sitting in storage for a few years now and started up once in a while. It needs some body work to get it back 100%. I've offered him countless times to buy it, but he has yet to take my offer. I hope my renewed love for a muscle car will encourage him to fix it.

Right now I have my heart set on finding a '93 Cobra SVT in red, loaded (rear defrost, CD player, leather seats) in excellent condition. Once it turns 25, I can put "Collector" plates on it and have inexpensive insurance on it to keep it as a secondary car. I have a 10 year old Corolla XRS 1.8L as my daily driver. It's no V8, but it's a high revving sporty sedan that has a neat little 6 speed. I can keep that as my DD and have the Cobra for non-rainy, non-winter days.

I hope to learn more about Mustangs and the '93 Cobra while I am here and contribute to discussions whenever possible. Other'n cars, I love guns and shooting, owning 1911s, Sigs, Glocks, 870 shotguns, Mossberg 590, lever actions, yadda yadda.

Thank-you for letting me join your community!

• Sponsors (?)