New Member (kind Of)

Boone

Jan 7, 2018
Central Florida
Hello guys and gals,
I have been using the site for a few weeks now and I think I have found a forum that I really like. Some background , we (my son and I) have a 2013 S197 and a 2016 S550 both cars are premium trim, the latter being a performance package car. Both cars have been modified and both are normally aspirated running the MT82 6 speed standard transmissions. Bolt on's are too many to list and both run pretty good at the track. We just started running them on the drag strip at Sebring (1/8" mile) this fall and can't wait to get over to Bradenton this spring to run the 1/4 mile track. I've been working hard on my reaction and 60' times, and trust me, I do need some work. Made a slew of mods over the winter months to both cars and hopefully it will pay off on the time slips. We just do this for fun and don't have any aspirations of this being anything other than a hobby. Been around cars all my life and hope to be able to help where and when I can.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

Like JR says, pictures please.

It's pretty cool that your son and you have this as a hobby together. My youngest boy is very much into cars, mustangs in particular. At least one of the three of my boys enjoys my hobby as well.

It's good to have you with us.

Thank you Dave,
My son and I have a great time trying to stay faster than one another, I have spent a lot of time on him over the years trying to pass on all the knowledge I can. He is pretty solid on mechanics and theory, but still looks to me for engineering and fabrication ideas. Hopefully we still have a little time.
Stay close to your son, I'm sure he still needs you an appreciates all you have done for him. Even if he doesn't yet, he will eventually.
When I figure out how, I'll post some more pictures. Are we allowed to post short videos?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you Dave,
My son and I have a great time trying to stay faster than one another, I have spent a lot of time on him over the years trying to pass on all the knowledge I can. He is pretty solid on mechanics and theory, but still looks to me for engineering and fabrication ideas. Hopefully we still have a little time.
Stay close to your son, I'm sure he still needs you an appreciates all you have done for him. Even if he doesn't yet, he will eventually.
When I figure out how, I'll post some more pictures. Are we allowed to post short videos?
You bet:nice: