New Member Old Board User

I am Mexican Spec.

I live in Mexico and I have access to not only parts but cars.

If anybody is looking for a Mexican Mustang please let me know.

I will tell you that the Mustang is one of those cars that Mexicans are very proud of and they do not go cheap. Many other cars do, but Mustangs are high priced.

All Mexican Mustang had the largest engines that were available for its year.

Mexico never had 6 cylinder Mustangs up to 1973 nor did they have the 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder Mustang II.

When we get into the Fox Body cars, the 1982 - 1984 cars are very special and above all the 1984 Mustang SVO.

If you want any information on any of these please let me know.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Attachments

• 83mustangHT-CDMX-red-04.jpg
    83mustangHT-CDMX-red-04.jpg
    373.8 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: 1 user
Looks like they used a capri nose.
What about hatchbacks?
The Coupes in 1983 and 1984 used the Capri nose and hood with the narrower Mustang fenders. They also used the Capri tail lights.

The hatchbacks used the Mustang nose and hood with the wider Capri fenders and they were all bubble backs.

No convertibles were ever sold in Mexico at the time.

There was also an SVO model in coupe or hatchback that had the H.O engine. That was the send off for the Mexican Mustangs.

Also only V8s were used in all Mustang from Day 1 even in the Mustang II.

1984 was the last year for the Mustang because supposedly they stopped allowing the V8 engines in those cars.

1984 was also the last year for the Mexican Monte Carlo.

• Ah yes, I see.  I see.
  • Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Hello, Patrick Sullivan, here trying to use my Fox Body to Auto Cross Here in Colorado! & I am trying to correct a BUTT load of problems, mechanical as well as electrical. So, 1st problem, my FREAKY headlights stay, on all the time. In my 89 Lx convertible + someone took out the light switch and I have no clue how correctly install/correct my lights on issue. Cuz the internet in most cases is crummy. I am trying to remain calm, after 2 weeks of wire probing with no sucess. Any help/ideas. would be greatly appreciated. W/r Sullie8

Hello, Patrick Sullivan, here trying to use my Fox Body to Auto Cross Here in Colorado! & I am trying to correct a BUTT load of problems, mechanical as well as electrical. So, 1st problem, my FREAKY headlights stay, on all the time. In my 89 Lx convertible + someone took out the light switch and I have no clue how correctly install/correct my lights on issue. Cuz the internet in most cases is crummy. I am trying to remain calm, after 2 weeks of wire probing with no sucess. Any help/ideas. would be greatly appreciated. W/r Sullie8
post this in the 5.0 tech forum in a new thread.
Oh, and welcome to stangnet

Maybe somebody directly wired the headlights to get them to work.

You should take the Generals suggestion and post in that category to get a better answer.

Reactions: 1 users