New Member with 2006 GT Convertible

TomzGT

Sep 26, 2020
Delray Beach, FL
Just bought a 2006 GT Convertible, 5 speed. Have always wanted one. 73,000. I know I took a chance but the car is beautiful and rides like a dream. I've had it a month. The AC was working like a charm up until a few days ago when it started blowing warm air (I live in South Florida). Tried to charge it myself but didn't seem to do the trick. I can hear the compressor kicking on and off. Any suggestions before I take it in? Look forward to being part of this Forum.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome.

Obviously a leak somewhere, maybe the seller pumped it up right before you bought it... but if the compressor is still kicking on it's best to get it fixed ASAP so you don't end up with an even bigger bill... could be as simple as a bad connector in the system.

I just had it charged since my mechanic said there was no coolant left in the system. He said to bring it back if it starts blowing warm air again and, since there was blue dye put in, he would be able to see if it leaks anywhere. Thanks!

Just bought a 2006 GT Convertible, 5 speed. Have always wanted one. 73,000. I know I took a chance but the car is beautiful and rides like a dream. I've had it a month. The AC was working like a charm up until a few days ago when it started blowing warm air (I live in South Florida). Tried to charge it myself but didn't seem to do the trick. I can hear the compressor kicking on and off. Any suggestions before I take it in? Look forward to being part of this Forum.
Howdy! I, too, just bought a 2006 GT Convertible, and I, too, live in south FL (Port Charlotte). I can't comment on your A/C, but may I ask about another issue? My car is bone stock, and I have the window sticker. It came with 17" wheels and tires, and the speedo shows 63 when GPS shows 58. It shows 80 when clocking 74. So, I guess it came from the factory with the wrong speedo gears, or something. Does yours have 17" wheels/tires? Does the speedo read correctly? Thanks,
Rich

The speedometer should be digital so it would be a matter of the computer reading the correct wheel speed. I’d wager someone either put way shorter tires on it than stock or swapped in some shorter gears and never bothered to fix it.

Howdy! I, too, just bought a 2006 GT Convertible, and I, too, live in south FL (Port Charlotte). I can't comment on your A/C, but may I ask about another issue? My car is bone stock, and I have the window sticker. It came with 17" wheels and tires, and the speedo shows 63 when GPS shows 58. It shows 80 when clocking 74. So, I guess it came from the factory with the wrong speedo gears, or something. Does yours have 17" wheels/tires? Does the speedo read correctly? Thanks,
Rich
I agree with above. Are the tires the same size as stock?

Rich
The AC problem is the vaporizer, unfortunately, FYI. My speedo is right on with the GPS. I do have 17' wheels/tires and have not had any deviation with the speed. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.