New projector Lights for 99-04 Mustang

• Sponsors (?)

It's very strange. There are plenty of places that sell these things, but I can't find a decent picture of them on a car anywhere on the net. It seems a lot of people don't like them, but I think the black ones might look pretty cool. Mustangs are a dime a dozen and I want to make mine look a little different as well as perform. To me "rice" is putting way to much crap on a car, a 747 rear wing, stickers, etc. and making it look faster than it is. Projectors IMO does not qualify in this respect. But opions are like a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s: we all have one, and they all stink!

Whatever the opinion of most is, I have always wanted some projector lights on my car. In fact, I was going to buy an A6 instead of my Stang for that same reason.

I purchased the Chrome ones on Ebay this morning. I found them for $118 plus shipping. It must surely have been a posting mistake since everyone is selling them for at least $225. I paid $175 shipped with tax. I will install them with the Silverstars that I also bought.

Stay tuned because I will post pics of them installed on my car (with the hood closed) ASAP. :nice:

All I have to say is I received more compliments on those lights at the FFW in Orlando as well as other local south florida mustang shows than anything else...I had numerous people asking where to get them and also leaving notes on my car as to where to purchase them.

It's amazing to me that people hate on something they don't understand. Projector lamps are far superior to the archaic reflector housings we have. They give you a more defined beam of light, and allow MORE light to exit the housing.

When you say you had to tweak the housing, how so? Difficult to aim?

Spreadman said:
It's amazing to me that people hate on something they don't understand. Projector lamps are far superior to the archaic reflector housings we have. They give you a more defined beam of light, and allow MORE light to exit the housing.

When you say you had to tweak the housing, how so? Difficult to aim?

not sure that is the reason people are hating on them. i think i would be the looks side. personally i think those look pretty sick with the black housing if i had a 99+ i would rock them.
i want a projector setup but think the ones for 96-98 are ugly not hating on projection just the way the housing itself looks.

Spreadman said:
How did you adjust it?

well, at first I thought that the two screws on the back of the housing were there for adjusting because otherwise I couldn't see what they were for...that didn't seem to do anything but what appeared to be happening is that the two flat pins that hold the assembly in place were bent a little towards the front of the car and was pressing against the housing forcing the light to point upwards slightly so I played a little with the pins and that seemed to work...