New Pypes Exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

my buddy just got his on today, its a 99 gt but WOW!!!!! that thing is raspy as a mother ****er!! its INSANE!! the change you get from a stock 4 cats to an xpipe, he already had 3 chamber flow masters and man, that thing just woke the car up, its a BEAST! were gonna get some videos soon

flgants said:
How difficult is the install? Are the tips polished?

Gary

Gary, Our kit should be no more difficult to install than most other kits. It's a bolt on system but I'll let the guys here give you their opinions.

All our tails (exc 87-83 GT) are 20" polished stainless at the back.

flgants said:
I was mainly curious about the tail pipes. Do oyu have to remove the shocks to slide them over the axle, or are they jointed there?

Gary

The tailpipes are 1 piece. If the car is on a lift, there is enough room to snake the tailpipes thru without removing anything. You might find it easier to take off the wheels on cars with really wide tires.

How do they sound on the inside of the car at cruising speeds? I want to ditch my Flo-drones because you can't hear yourself think inside of the car. From what I've heard on the clips they sound good outside.

The Violator is not for everyone. Customers tell us that the drone is no worse then FM40's and on the contrary claim the drone is actually less. If you go with the Violator mufflers you will certainly have to deal with some droning at certain rpm levels. It will be worse if you have an off road H or X pipe. Less if you have a catted X or H and even less if you have the stock catted H.

pypesexhaust said:
The ProV is going to sound the same as the FM40. They were basically FM40 copies. We're discontinueing them. The Violator flows almost twice as good as both.

How would sound of the Violators compare to the ProV or FM40? Thank You!