New Spring Isolators Raise My Car A Little?

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Spring Isolator Question/Pics Of Cars With Stock Springs Wanted

Just wondering if new spring isolators will raise my car up some? The isolators I have on it are broken down and basically not doing anything. Are their supposed to be 2 isolators on each spring or just 1? Energy suspension sells a set(of 4) for $20. If they wont pick my car up some then im going to put stock springs back on it and sell the BBK springs. I love the look of the lowered car but around these roads it just doesnt work. Drags on everything possible. Wish I lived in a city where everything was flat and paved. :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

There is two isolators on each spring. One upper & one lower. In technical terms, Yes, replacing your shot isolators will raise the rear a bit, BUT...... the difference would be so minor that you woudn't be able to see or feel the difference no matter how hard you try. The isolators arenen't terribly thick and within time the spring's sink into the isolator's to a certain point because of the weight and stress on them. Basically if you want your drivebility back your probably going to have to change your spring's.

Shon