New to forum, 1988 Mustang LX

Dom88LX

Nov 9, 2018
Connecticut
Hello all,

I have been using this forum for help since I bought this car in January 2018. It has 128,000 miles and was completely stock when i bought it (besides the CB radio one of the previous owners installed). This is my first mustang/foxbody/sports car overall. I added BBK equal length short tube headers, a BBK o/r H pipe, and some tuneup parts (MSD cap and rotor, new plug wires, new IAC, radiator flush) as well as a set of cobra R rims and factory appearing headlights and LX tail lights. The next big project that I have tee'd up is installing 4.10 gears. I have bought a used 8.8 rear end with 2.73's that I plan to break down and use to swap in. Lots of great info/banter on here. Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Do yourself a favor.. purchase a set of subframe connectors and have them welded in before you do anymore modifications. It'll make a big difference in feeling of the car and handling as well as helping to keep all the body lines lined up and your paint from developing stress cracks. Subframe connectors should be the first thing every foxbody receives. If you purchase the bolt in ones they still need to be welded in, bolted in is useless. Any is better then non but I've personally had great success with Steeda and Maximum motorsports. I've also used the $56 ebay ones and they work

Boostedpimp is correct, the subframe connectors are a very needed first mod. Gears and subframe connectors were the first two mods I did to my '89 LX. The difference in body regidity was very noticeable and it has kept the body stiff and noise free since I installed them 25+ years ago and through many, many power adding mods. I would also recommend getting them welded in and the kind buy the kind that can be used as jacking rails. I wish I had done this as it makes lifting up one side of the car very easy.

Boostedpimp is correct, the subframe connectors are a very needed first mod. Gears and subframe connectors were the first two mods I did to my '89 LX. The difference in body regidity was very noticeable and it has kept the body stiff and noise free since I installed them 25+ years ago and through many, many power adding mods. I would also recommend getting them welded in and the kind buy the kind that can be used as jacking rails. I wish I had done this as it makes lifting up one side of the car very easy.

Thanks for the response, SFC's and gears are 1 and 2 on my list as of right now. Looking at a full length weld in set from MM.

Reactions: 1 user