new to mustang and seek advice

vmf

Oct 26, 2004
Long Island
hey guys, i'm new to mustang but i always wanted to get one, and with new mustang coming to the dealers i'm ready to join:) i had a m3 and mazda rx6 b4 and now i drive Lexus LS400 but i really want another sports car and 2005 mustang appeals to me.
i would like to know what do you guys think about the mustang what options should i get? should i just get a GT or wait till SVT cobra is gonna come out? i'm not gona get a v6 one and i def gettin a one with manual tranny.
what do you think guys? any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

hi, and wlecome to the boards.

Im not a mustang owner yet, however im probably gonna get a GT. I was gonna wait for the SVT, but I dunno if the exspence and wait will be worth it. If you can afford a M3 and a lexus you should be able to afford the SVT when it comes out (probably around $38-$39,000) rumor is, its gonna have a 5.4l supercharged engine, with minor body changes. I dunno if the 2 year wait is gonna be worth all that.

When I buy my GT; right now im looking at a Satin Silver GT, with Dark Charcoal interier, with the 5 speed Manual Transmission.

When it comes to these things, asking other people just cant give it enough justice. If I wore you id go to the dealship test drive one, and see if you reall like it, thats the only way you will trully know if its the car for you. If you happen to like it and wanna buy one, look at online pictures, get the catalouge and pick out what you want, thats the best advice I guess.

I have own many Fords, and have had 3 Mustang GT's now, 2 Verts. And I am in the same boat. I ordered a 2005 GT Vert, but I am still considering holding off for the Cobra. What I am personally going to do is wait until Feb and see what kind of mods are available for the GT. If there is some decent stuff, I'll go with that. If not, I may wait for the Cobra. It's a tough choice. And, it all comes down to personal preference.

39k is a lil bit pricey for me rite now:) do you know if i just get a GT and do some mods will it void the warranty?
eg will installin body kit void warranty?
will installin supercharger void warranty?

Body kit: no.
Supercharger: yes.
Exhaust: no (as long as you keep the cats stock.)
I am in the same boat. I am currently on my 4th Stang, an '03 GT.
I almost bought an '04 Cobra a few months ago simply for the AMAZING power, but the dealer didn't want to sell it bad enough.
Since then I'd been wanting to wait for the next Cobra, (could be as early as one year away), but with all the rumors about no more SVT since the Lightning went away, I've been leaning towards an' 05 Gt and a Cobra later IF there ever is one.

As for options, the Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) is a nice and popular option and it's only $450. Unless you like the upgraded wheels, I wouldn't recomend paying the extra money for something you will change later.
Stop by the dealer and pick up a brochure, then we can give you our opinions on what you're interested in. But in the end, remember, it's YOUR car. Do whatever you like the most. (You'll get a lot of strong opinions in forums)

Jason

hey vfm, I order a 05 Redfire Must, Prem, Parchment Leather, IUP, last month and today I recieved a call from the Ford Dealer that Ford is having "material" shortages on the IUP. He is trying to find out, what the delay is going to be. I had been told the car would be delivered originally at the end of Nov. Just giving you an FYI.

went to the dealer today and he told me that if i order today i willget the car in the middle of jan, thats the minimum date. so i dont know, may b i should wait till spring and then order? this way i will know if there are any major flows or anything like that. i saw a v6 mustang today and it looked ok, hope GT would look more wild in the real life.

I was one of the lucky ones. I went to 6 dealerships in the San Diego area and only found 2 GTs that weren't already spoken for. Both were fully loaded but didn't have the Shaker 1000 stereo. The Legend Lime was nice. Originally, the color was "different"; but, after drooling over it for a few mins, the color began to grow on me. The dealership added a 5K markup on it and wouldn't drop it. The other one I saw was the same package and was black. 2 other guys were looking at it and haggling to no avail. Needless to say, I have that black GT now and it's the sweetest car I've driven.

Personally I would go with a GT mainly because my budget will not allow for the nicer and faster SVT Cobra model. Also, I have a problem waiting up to 2 years to buy a vehicle. I want one now. If I was in a financial position to buy either, I'd buy the GT now and then see what happens with the SVT version.

On the flip side of the coin, if you have been driving those imports you may like the more "refined" feel of the independent rear suspension they offer vs. the solid rear axle on the GT's. Rumor has it the SVT models will not only have the supercharger, but also the independent rear suspension.

My all time dream car is a 67 Mustang GT 500. But my budget definitely won't allow that. I think the 05 in satin silver and the strips looks close, especially with a few mods. At least close enough for the poor man that likes to go fast.

vmf said:
hey guys, i'm new to mustang but i always wanted to get one, and with new mustang coming to the dealers i'm ready to join:) i had a m3 and mazda rx6 b4 and now i drive Lexus LS400 but i really want another sports car and 2005 mustang appeals to me.

Welcome to the board, chief...

Getting a Mustang GT now would definitely score high on the "instant gratification" factor, as more of them are currently being loaded into dealer lots...

But the GT will not be the highest-performance model. There are going to be special edition Mustangs that will sandwich themselves between the GT and the Cobra, in terms of performance and features. For example, Ford is considering making a Bullitt (as per the Steve McQueen movie by the same name), a BOSS (high performance Mustang from the late 1960's and early 1970's), and a Mach 1 (recently resurrected in 2003, featuring a hood scoop).

While Cobras won't be hard to find, these special edition Mustangs tend to hold their value better, from an investment standpoint...