New to Stangnet

Three years ago the wife and I were looking for a convertible. Located [Ebay] and bought a 1994 Ford Cobra Indy 500 packaged car with 3700 miles on it, had the car shipped from WV to Fl. The car was in original condition, decals not installed and in a box. Tires had to be replaced, eventually same for the fuel pump. Kept the car for a year, nice ride but not nearly enough get up and go. Found a 2004 Roush 380R Mustang convertible with 22k miles on it on the west coast of Fl., the 1994 and some cash put the car in my garage. The Roush is the last made of four in the color, convertible combination. I've found the shifting of gears to be "notchy", a common complaint it seems for Tr3650 tranny's. I swapped out the Roush short throw shifter to a MGW, some improvement. The issue now is the supercharger drive pulley, the rubber bushing are gone allowing play. I have spoke with Roush, the pulley, part # G1ZE-6M312-AA, no longer available with NO substitute. Needless to say I am not pleased with Roush, I thought I had found a pulley on line only to order, pay for it and a day later have the order canceled as no longer available from the manufacturer, Roush. Not sure at this time how this will work out, car can't be driven as it is, I imagine there are others out there that have had this issued may be able to help as I will do if and when I find a resolution.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,
Sorry to hear, that’s ridiculous on their part to loyal customers. Has to be some angle in which they’re gaining monetarily out of doing that, money’s all they care about.
You’re running the Roush (Eaton) M90, correct?
A few years back, a friend of mine redesigned OE snout couplers specific to the Ford & GM (Eaton), 62, 90,112 and others with a multi pattern coupler with increased torque and dampening characteristics by experimenting with new fluid membrane pocketed polymers & after multiple types he found his material & did his own testing, also satisfying an independent & unbiased Company’s NDT & DT torture test series.
He started selling them on EBay to see what the response was like prior to going to a larger company to mass produce & market. Well, turned out more than he alone had shared the feeling & made their own on EBay, Amazon.
Still large amounts of NOS to be had..a 90..
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335821607&icep_item=111644898204
Therein lies my suggestion to you. Jump on EBay & buy a set. They sell many, example..a112.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335821607&icep_item=121620721348
Hopefully, you’ll be able to navigate around Roush. Isn’t free enterprise grand?lol
Good luck!
-John

Last edited: