• Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon

New to the Forum - 1989 GT

  • Thread starter Thread starter FireGT1017
  • Start date Start date Jul 30, 2020
F

FireGT1017

Member
Jul 29, 2020
19
2
13
Vancouver
Jul 30, 2020
#1
  • Jul 30, 2020
  • #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum I just bought my first mustang, a 1989 GT. It was sitting on the previous owners farm for four years, it runs and drives fine but I need to change some parts and fix some minor issues. Looking for some guidance and help so I can bring it back to its former glory.
 

Hoytster

I don't dare do that to my Knob
20+ Year Stangneter
Dec 30, 2002
1,069
700
164
Cornwall, PA
Jul 30, 2020
#2
  • Jul 30, 2020
  • #2
Congrats on the purchase! Car looks pretty good on the outside for sitting on someone's farm for a couple years. You came to the right place for some help, there's plenty of knowledgeable people around here. Just let us know what you need help with.
 
Reactions: FireGT1017

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,344
1,243
153
Sarasota Florida
Jul 30, 2020
#3
  • Jul 30, 2020
  • #3
Nice color sir. Keep us posted.
 
Reactions: FireGT1017
F

FireGT1017

Member
Jul 29, 2020
19
2
13
Vancouver
Jul 30, 2020
#4
  • Jul 30, 2020
  • #4
Hoytster said:
Congrats on the purchase! Car looks pretty good on the outside for sitting on someone's farm for a couple years. You came to the right place for some help, there's plenty of knowledgeable people around here. Just let us know what you need help with.
Click to expand...

I need some guidance regarding modifications, I have quite a few on my car and I'm not sure what pairs well with what. I've seen some mods can cause you to lose alot of low end torque if paired incorrectly. Do you have a reccomendation for a thread I should post on? Thank you for the compliment on the car!
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,051
10,675
213
polk county florida
Jul 30, 2020
#5
  • Jul 30, 2020
  • #5
You can start with asking questions in the 5.0 fox tech forums here:

Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Technical discussion related to the Fox body 5.0L Mustang.
www.stangnet.com
Welcome to stangnet
 
Reactions: FireGT1017
F

FireGT1017

Member
Jul 29, 2020
19
2
13
Vancouver
Jul 30, 2020
#6
  • Jul 30, 2020
  • #6
General karthief said:
You can start with asking questions in the 5.0 fox tech forums here:

Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Technical discussion related to the Fox body 5.0L Mustang.
www.stangnet.com
Welcome to stangnet
Click to expand...
Thankyou!
 
J

jdaj

Member
Aug 1, 2020
27
6
13
nj
Aug 3, 2020
#7
  • Aug 3, 2020
  • #7
great condition for a farm find. congrats
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
idles perfect then jolts and cuts out when put into Reverse or Drive.
  • shanesstangs
  • Mar 12, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
303
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 27, 2026
General karthief
C
Electrical Fuel Gauge...Help! What did I do or Didn't Do?
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • Sep 3, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
168
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 3, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
5
Hello Everyone !
  • 5150K
  • Jul 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
137
The Welcome Wagon Jul 3, 2026
5150K
5
T5 5th gear 89 gt
  • mac_55
  • Mar 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
234
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 20, 2026
Mustang5L5
G
First Car Forum... EVER.
  • Godless
  • Sep 9, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
2
Views
273
The Welcome Wagon Sep 9, 2025
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Community Forums
  • The Welcome Wagon
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?