New to the forum and mustangs looking for tires

• Sponsors (?)

As said above, it depends on what conditions you will be driving in.

For Summer driving, I would recommend Nittos. The 555 series have served me well. Traction is great, handling is good, and they are quiet. They seem to wear well as I have 30,000km of average driving on them and have atleast half of the tread left. I think I paid $149/tire but I imagine you can get them much cheaper in the US.

Station at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS. No snow here, rare is it sleets as in once every 5 years. The most we get here is a strong thunder storm. The nittos were something I was looking into, a buddy of mine was trying to sell me 2 Goodyear Eagle F1s. He said they come stock on corvettes, but I don't think I need something like that. (opinions?)

I have the Nitto 555's and I love them they have about 12,000 miles on them and they still look good and have lots of tread left... *of course I baby my tires so I havent done any burnouts or donuts*:D

They are good tires if your car is mostly stock... I also had Khumo Exctsa all season tires before I had the nittos and they were decent tires but they were about halfway used up when I got the car so I cant really tell you how they were...
Hope that helped..

Okay, So I actually have Nitto 555 series on there now. I checked the sizing on the side and came back with this : Front P275/40 zr17 98W Rear 312/35 zr17 102W. Now im gonna go look for prices but nitto does not show "312" on their website, and what does the P and zr mean?

Edit::

Can't find any local dealers carrying the Nittos, was told the Goodyear Eagle GT would be just as good, opinions?

I sell tires at my shop. I always tell people to get the best tires that they can afford. IMHO I like to stick with any tire that is made in America. Why you may ask? Tires that are imported, especially from Asia, have huge tariffs placed on them to bring them into the country to be sold. You can get a MUCH better quality tires for the same price as you would pay for an imported tire.

Also, the mark up on tires is generally between the 1-25% range in a retail store. The better quality the tire, the less the mark up. You can haggle a little with the prices on tires in person. Going with tires from a website might seem like a good deal but, you still have to pay shipping and mount/balance, which puts you pretty much at the same price as buying them in a retail store.

Tires at Wal Mart may have a name brand on them but, pay attention. They are generally generic tires with a name brand on them. They are made specifically for Wal Mart to Wal Mart specifications. What this means is that a Goodyear at Wal Mart has a different name, tread compound, tread design and warranty than a Goodyear at an authorized dealer. The same goes for any other brand sold at a "big box store".

Lastly, dealing with warranty issues on a tire bought at one of those "big box stores" or tires bought online at a true authorized retailer of a name brand tire is nothing but a hassle and headache for everyone involved.

Like I said earlier, get the best tires that you can afford, get them at a authorized retailer so that you can have nationwide coverage on your warranty and try to buy American made if at all possible.

It depends

I drive my '02 GT 4 miles to work every day at 40 mph (Greenville, SC). I have three kids and no money, so for me it's all about getting the most mileage out of them. I've only had one set of the General Exclaim UHP's, but for me they were the best tire I've had for price/treadlife ratio. They look OK too. As far as the other attributes (handling, ride quality, etc.), I don't care and can't afford to care. Here are pictures of me, my wife, and my three kids:

:nono::nonono::fight:

Station at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS. No snow here, rare is it sleets as in once every 5 years. The most we get here is a strong thunder storm. The nittos were something I was looking into, a buddy of mine was trying to sell me 2 Goodyear Eagle F1s. He said they come stock on corvettes, but I don't think I need something like that. (opinions?)

I had the F1's on my Vette for the first couple years I owned it. Personally, I hated them. I swapped them for BFG KDW 2's and I love them. They don't have a very long life but they're very good for traction. I haven't had any personal experience with the nitto's yet but I always hear good things about them.:nice:

There's a good chance that I'm going with the 555s because of what I found them for. Unless someone local can hook me up with a good deal on something like a set of Eagle GTs.

I have a '01 mustang gt convertible with the SVT wheels that i'm going to use as a DD, what tires should I get? Thanks. :nice:

You make it sound like you have another set of tires for this car. If so, I would get a good all seaon for DD and a performance tire for the second set of rims.

I use Khumo Ecsta ASX's all around for DD. They handle very well and have an excellent tread life.
Khumo Escta ASX

I also have a set of Hoosier drag radials for the track though.

Tires from Tiresbyweb.com

:nice:Hey everyone. I'm new to the site, but i just bought some new Nokian Z-G2tires for my Mustang from American Racing Wheels and Rims | Nokian Tires | TiresbyWeb.com | TiresByWeb.com . If you're looking for tires i would recommend checking them out. I got my tires really quickly, and it was nice not having to pay for shipping. Not to mention the tires look amazing.

Their facebook page is actually pretty helpful. I know they have some kind of deal going now too...some Fan of the Week Contest.

"Winners will receive a $10 off single wheel/tire purchase or $40 off a set of 4 wheels/tires.
So start sending us those pictures of you and your cars in order to become the next TiresByWeb fan of the week. Submit your photos today!"

Sounds like a pretty good deal, i got $40 off my set of tires. Always nice to save money.
:hail2:

:nice:Hey everyone. I'm new to the site, but i just bought some new Nokian Z-G2tires for my Mustang from American Racing Wheels and Rims | Nokian Tires | TiresbyWeb.com | TiresByWeb.com . If you're looking for tires i would recommend checking them out. I got my tires really quickly, and it was nice not having to pay for shipping. Not to mention the tires look amazing.

Their facebook page is actually pretty helpful. I know they have some kind of deal going now too...some Fan of the Week Contest.

"Winners will receive a $10 off single wheel/tire purchase or $40 off a set of 4 wheels/tires.
So start sending us those pictures of you and your cars in order to become the next TiresByWeb fan of the week. Submit your photos today!"

Sounds like a pretty good deal, i got $40 off my set of tires. Always nice to save money.
:hail2:

What's the deal with spamming this site lately? GTFO.