New To The Forum, Need Help Deciding What Mustang To Get

jaygee15

Jun 6, 2017
Hi , Im new to the forum. I am planning on picking up a mustang soon but I'm not sure what I should get. Deciding between a 2011-2014 gt and a gt500(probably2010-2011). This will be driven a few times a week, a weekend car, and once in a while a little track/ drag action. But want it setup for daily driver functionality. I do want to get about 600hp or just under. Im on a budget and don't have tons of money to blow so Im trying to figure out the best option to get to where I want to be. As I understand from what I have read, I can get to 600hp in a gt500 by adding a pulley/CAI/tune. Correct me if I am wrong. In a gt I would need to boost it to get to those numbers which would cost much more. Then theres the dilemma of turbo vs supercharged. Either setup I go with I would like to keep it as reliable as possible hence why I don't want to go over 600hp. I believe if I went with the gt500 I would still keep the factory warranty with just the simple setup of CAI/tune/pulley. I am new to anything turbo related and muscle in general besides owning a 95 gt all stock. I need help and education. thanks. Lets talk.

• Sponsors (?)

You're going to pay through the roof for a clean GT-500, so getting a GT and boosting it may actually end up costing less in the long run. You obviously want to buy the newest most low mileage car you can get in your budget and you have to leave room for boost and install if you're not going to do it yourself (don't know your skill set) as for Super vs Turbo it depends on your use of car, from your description above you wan to go with a positive displacement blower it will be the cleanest and most reliable way to go. I'd recommend either the Ford Racing or Edelbrock kits, Roush great quality also but you maybe able to get the others for lower price.