new to the fox life

dstewart291

Sep 10, 2019
streetsboro
hello all, recently i acquired an 88 gt vert. KNOWN mods knowing it sat for some time in their shed. is alum. driveshaft, 3.73 gears, short shifter, upgraded clutch, repainted at some point, below is how it sat when i came to pick it up, second is cleaned up the next day. replaced the steering wheel did all the fluids, did a harmonic balancer (why she let it sit in first place) have a whine in the diff which i am going to figure out when warm again. im skipping a lot of details but happy to be here! lets talk some fox body

Attachments

• car clean.jpeg
    car clean.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 61
  • car dirty.jpeg
    car dirty.jpeg
    483.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

Lets talk about that Vert Sailcloth. What condition is it in? Seams still tight or starting to separate? Material still pliable or feeling more stiff and dry rotting? Visually it looks good. The Hardware function properly for the top?

Glad to see those fog lights work

Welcome to Stangnet.

Lets talk about that Vert Sailcloth. What condition is it in? Seams still tight or starting to separate? Material still pliable or feeling more stiff and dry rotting? Visually it looks good. The Hardware function properly for the top?

Glad to see those fog lights work

Well, I got the car near end of warm season last year. it sat for a long time (clearly) but she cared for the car well. from what I can tell once I cleaned it up the cloth and pump etc all work fine. she replaced it at some point in the 2000's the sides of the moldings that hold the cover when the top is down are loose so I have to mend or replace those. the back trim piece that (appears) to be stapled to the back has some loose staples but besides that it all seems to be in good working condition thus far. The motor is a bit slow upon first going back but being an old likely weak pump its prolly how it naturally is but it works well.

as for the fog lights I am in the process of replacing the gauge cluster on this car she added an aftermarket white gauges which I do not enjoy and after a hell of a time am getting a OEM one back in the car that I should be getting I the mail today while removing the aftermarket one the fog light switch connected Is quite melted, they still work as you see but I still ordered a new connected to get in there and am going to put some led fog bulbs to avoid it happening again the plug looks to of gotten close to catching fire melted it pretty good.

Melting... Yeah I had that issue with my Fox also, I believe I went through 3 connectors (at the light) on the drivers side. I didnt do anything special to fix it, just the 4th worked fine.

In my Current Vert I am waiting for the Fog Light install. I am planning on replacing the bumper in the front and then will find the largest I can get to fill the space. I need to be different with this car. I love the placement of the 500GTKR Fog Lights and am going for something like that. I will probably switch all the lights out to LED at that time.

I am essentially restoring back to oe best I can, just the direction I want to be in currently, being new to me. I want to add and change things up later on but as of now as good of shape its still in I am just fixing and restoring as of now

That is all good. Get her running smoothly and functionality at every button and switch. Drive Drive Drive get bored MOD!!!!!!

Its like buying a 600cc Motorcycle, they are fun to ride, but that 1100cc+ is in your future

That is all good. Get her running smoothly and functionality at every button and switch. Drive Drive Drive get bored MOD!!!!!!

Its like buying a 600cc Motorcycle, they are fun to ride, but that 1100cc+ is in your future

I do not do bikes, how I drive my cars a bike wouldn't last long haha (due to me no longer being laive) it runs well had to do an alternator, balancer and a couple throttle sensors besides that no issues running wise