New To The Stang World Whats Up?

joshua knight

Dec 30, 2014
Hey guys im new to world of mustangs and well forums to. So heres how I got started I traded a 1998 Dodge Dakota for a grey 2003 mustang that's got a 3.8. originally I thought this car was a v8 car because I somewhat new the guy that had it before, and id seen it, and heard it lol runnin around town, and I thought damn that's sweet. Well turns out dude got into the oil and gas field and wanted a truck, ended up trading straight up. Man as soon as I sat in that car I fell in love with it. I knew it was a v6 with an aftermarket exhaust but upon further inspection it had flowmaster 40's under it with long tube headers, and I got pumped lol but it didn't stop there the third day I owned the car was when I really got to checkin it out and it was like Christmas on wheels, It had a BBK power plus 65mm throttle body, Gripp strut tower brace, B&M short throw shift, adjustable clutch cable and billet quadrant. the last thing that I did was open the trunk and I was like whattttttttttt, I seen 2 ten inch subs and a bunch of amps so I googled that :poo: and found out its a mach 1000 system that came stock, and it was funny because I hadn't even messed with the radio because I liked hearing the car so much lol It didn't even stop there one day I pulled out in front of someone by accident (my dumbass was not paying attention) and I put it to the floor and the ass end just whipped me sideways I was just like uhhh no friggin way. I took the car back home put it up on jackstands, and I marked the tire and the driveshaft and for every one tire turn I got about 3 3/4 turns outa the drive shaft, 3.73 I was like omg is there anything else I should know about on this car ha. Last week my throw out bearing went bad (hardcore squeling sound when you press the clutch) so I pulled the tranny and seen that not only did the bearing crumble when I took the tranny out but a finger was missing off the pressure plate and the flywheel was blued to hell and back, luckily my dad hooked me up for Christmas and got the new clutch, flywheel, pivot ball, and the fork....the only bad thing was that my dad wasn't tryin to spend a crapton of money so we got the clutch kit at autozone for 150 and the flywheel for like 60 when I got back to the car with the parts I realized damnit the new flywheel is like 6 million pounds heavier than the one I took off, and I had to go buy new bolts for the pressure plate. Anyone know where I can buy a turbo manifold for the 3.8? one day id like to make her twin turbo

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)