• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

New Track Times

  • Thread starter Thread starter Az Harley
  • Start date Start date Apr 25, 2004
A

Az Harley

New Member
Apr 3, 2004
18
0
0
Apr 25, 2004
#1
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #1
Went to the track last nite.Ran a 13.94 @ 102mph with a 2.23 60' and lots of wheel spin.Slipped the clutch from about 2500 rpms.
Then put on my buddy's 18x10 BBS wheels with 295 BFG DR's,aired them down to 18 psi and ran 13.72 @ 102mph with a 2.08 60'.
Same launch technique only this time it Hooked and Bogged down.Probably could have left 500-1000 rpms higher!
I think it'll go a tenth or two faster with a better launch.
BTW Temps were hi 70's,track elev 1700'
 

HoustonGT

Gilded Gelding
Apr 6, 2003
1,418
0
0
Houston
Apr 25, 2004
#2
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #2
Az Harley said:
Went to the track last nite.Ran a 13.94 @ 102mph with a 2.23 60' and lots of wheel spin.Slipped the clutch from about 2500 rpms.
Then put on my buddy's 18x10 BBS wheels with 295 BFG DR's,aired them down to 18 psi and ran 13.72 @ 102mph with a 2.08 60'.
Same launch technique only this time it Hooked and Bogged down.Probably could have left 500-1000 rpms higher!
I think it'll go a tenth or two faster with a better launch.
BTW Temps were hi 70's,track elev 1700'
Click to expand...
Those are great times with those mods. The 1700ft elevation is killing you. I think with DR's and practice, your car would run LOW 13's at Sea Level.
 
A

Az Harley

New Member
Apr 3, 2004
18
0
0
Apr 25, 2004
#3
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #3
Thanks Houston,I really think with some DR's and a little more practice I can run low 13's.I may need a little more HP to get 12's!
My buddy with the Mach ran 13.26 @ 104 with just CAI,Catback,Shifter,and DR's.Those 4v's are tough to keep up with!
Maybe time for some ported heads/cams??
 

HoustonGT

Gilded Gelding
Apr 6, 2003
1,418
0
0
Houston
Apr 25, 2004
#4
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #4
Az Harley said:
Thanks Houston,I really think with some DR's and a little more practice I can run low 13's.I may need a little more HP to get 12's!
My buddy with the Mach ran 13.26 @ 104 with just CAI,Catback,Shifter,and DR's.Those 4v's are tough to keep up with!
Maybe time for some ported heads/cams??
Click to expand...
- Actually, i'd say you get the Plenum and Throttle Body combo first. Go with 75mm Accufab TB and C&L Plenum.
-Its really hard talking bout modding a stang after losing mine.
 
A

Az Harley

New Member
Apr 3, 2004
18
0
0
Apr 25, 2004
#5
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #5
Do you mean the C&L Powerpipe that replaces the Rubber intake boot?
I have one on my HD as well as a big single blade t/b.
Makes a big difference on a S/C'd engine.
 

damacman

Member
Aug 12, 2003
529
0
16
Phoenix, AZ
Apr 25, 2004
#6
  • Apr 25, 2004
  • #6
Az Harley,

Firebird is a tough track, no? Last time I was out, I snapped both axles at the light and trashed the carrier. I haven't been back since I got the Auburn Pro diff and 31 spline Strange axles because I want to weld up my axle tubes and torque boxes. My list of mods is very similar to yours add a Plasma Booster and we have slightly different suspension set ups. Your axles are on borrowed time . . .
 
A

Az Harley

New Member
Apr 3, 2004
18
0
0
Apr 26, 2004
#7
  • Apr 26, 2004
  • #7
Damacman,I was out there for Fri nite Drags and track prep was for *****!
No VHT.
A bunch of kids with mom's Camry running thru the water box,blowing thru the staging beams and leaving the line in reverse!

I guess i'm spoiled by my Harley Truck running Mid 12's on Hoosiers!
Although it does have ladder bars and an almost indestructable rear end.
If it breaks i'll have to eat it and build it up like you did.Let me know next time you go out there,I only live 2 miles away.
 

damacman

Member
Aug 12, 2003
529
0
16
Phoenix, AZ
Apr 26, 2004
#8
  • Apr 26, 2004
  • #8
2 miles huh? You must live over by Ray and the 10. I'm in Ocotillo in South Chandler. I'd like to see your car some time. Trust me when I tell you that I hated spending $90 that could've been dough towards go-fast on the flat-bed ride home for my car. It may be a while before I get back to Firebird as I've got to get the headers and x-pipe installed and some welding to do yet. Queen Creek (by the 10) could work nicely for us in the mean time . . .
 
A

Az Harley

New Member
Apr 3, 2004
18
0
0
Apr 26, 2004
#9
  • Apr 26, 2004
  • #9
You guessed it!
Ray & Rural.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

  • Sticky
Resource Discussion Post Your S550 Track Times Here
  • 15GTrob
  • Jan 8, 2016
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
  • 2
Replies
29
Views
15K
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Jun 8, 2021
Renegade Stang
R
  • Locked
Just Some Suggestion's For Foxes
  • Detroiit
  • Jul 24, 2014
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 25, 2014
Noobz347
Third Time at the Track
  • Maxpowers
  • Aug 2, 2010
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
1K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 3, 2010
Maxpowers
Just Got Back from the Track; Kinda Disappointed
  • sneaky98gt
  • Sep 11, 2010
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
28
Views
4K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2010
sneaky98gt
New 1/4 Times
  • sneaky98gt
  • Feb 20, 2010
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
2K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Feb 26, 2010
bhuff30
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?