New White 2011 with Blue Stripes

Thank you Five Oh Brian with Bowen Scarff Ford for the awesome buying experience. I never got to shake your hand that day but we'll run into each other in the near future.

On to the Mustang.

I am actually a pretty good photographer but have yet to get good light and a good location for my 2011 Mustang GT. I agree with all the positive impressions of the car so I won't repeat much. I have few negative complaints but the car has been in my possession for less than two weeks and has fewer than 400 miles on it.

My favorite aspect is the same as everyone's; that amazing 5.0 engine. True I have not had it over 5,000 yet but man does it start to pull at 4,000. This engine is incredibly progressive, unnervingly smooth and boy does it love to rev. It just gets faster and faster the further you push it. I can't wait to take it to 6,500 the first time. Also, the car corners very flat and inspires confidence in the twisties.

The only negative is how quiet the exhaust is. I really wish it was a little louder but then again the car is very quiet cruising down the road. The only mod so far are the blue LeMans style stripes. I had a local decal shop do the work and they used 3M Olympic Blue it looks nearly identical to Grabber Blue to my eyes. I'll get better pics in the coming weeks but these will have to do for now.

I ordered the 3.55 ratio and am glad I didn't go with the 3.73. I am not a drag strip guy, just an average guy who likes a fast car. For comparison, my 2006 Nissan Frontier has a six speed manual and 4th gear at 40 mph yields 1,800 rpm. This 2011 GT is running 2,000. Trucks aren't exactly known for tall gearing. Cruising at 72 mph in 6th gear gets me to about 2,200 rpm. First tank of gas resulted in 21 mpg, calculated. Skip shift is off in that is only activates if you shift at 3,000 rpm or thereabouts in 1st gear. I either shift around 3,500 to get moving quick or shift around 2,200 while driving to work. Incredibly light clutch, smooth shifter and good stereo. I can't directly compare it to the one in my 2004 Mach 1 but I wouldn't say it is much better. Having said that I liked the stereo in the Mach 1 really well. Sync is cool and telling my stereo to Play Track "Eat Me Up Alive" sends me back to 1985 when Ratt was still popular. That track is off their 2010 release titled Infestation if anyone cares.

I'll post more pics and other impressions as time passes.

Two thumbs up for Ford for making such an awesome car.

Picking it up at the dealer.
stang1.jpg

Straight on from the front. I can't see how any one doesn't think the HID's look awesome.
stang2.jpg

First pic with the Olympic Blue stripes.
stang3.jpg

Straight on with the parking lights illuminated.
stang4.jpg

Side view with the stripes. My original plan was to have the stripes go up the side higher and have the 5.0 badge sit on top of them. However the decal shop wasn't too anxious to pull the badge off and neither was I. Besides my car looks a little more unique this way.
stang5.jpg

Shot of the rear showing the stripes. I didn't have them leave a gap around the emblem or taillight.

stang6.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

NICE!

I am really liking the white. It is like a blank canvas that you can make your own. I like the hockey stick stripes on the side. The decals look like good quality like they came from the factory. Congrats on the awesome ride. Thanks for sharing the notes on your gearing. I am an average guy who likes fast cars too, so I don't think I'm going too agressive with the gearing either. Time to look at an exhaust. You won't regret upgrading to a performance exhaust.