• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Newbie help with alternator

  • Thread starter Thread starter copeland1013
  • Start date Start date Apr 12, 2008

copeland1013

New Member
Jul 7, 2007
6
0
0
Hattiesburg, MS
Apr 12, 2008
#1
  • Apr 12, 2008
  • #1
I am a novice, so I need a bit of help getting the alternator out of my 67. All the instructions I have read concerning removing the alternator have a step that says "remove 2 mounting bolts." I have no idea where these bolts are. I have looked around under there for about 30 minutes, and can't figure out what bolts I am supposed to take out. Any help would be appreciated.
 

mr_woodster

Active Member
Jul 28, 2003
1,314
0
36
Riverside, CA
Apr 12, 2008
#2
  • Apr 12, 2008
  • #2
Basicly your alternator will look something like this, the two "ears" on either side have bolts through them, Remove these and it will come off.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical Ron Francis Headlight / Alternator Harness
  • dan50
  • Apr 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
279
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 30, 2026
dan50
A
Please!? I need some help with my 1964.5 alternator conversion
  • Alabear94
  • Dec 6, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
417
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jan 10, 2026
GOvert
G
R
Interior and Upholstery Interior roof adhesive removal HELP
  • Riley Barth
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
156
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 23, 2026
Riley Barth
R
A
Resolved Electrical Help Please
  • Alabama
  • Jan 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
332
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 22, 2026
AeroCoupe
9
1994 Mustang GT 5.0 L Convertible
  • 94ns95
  • Jun 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
309
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 19, 2026
94ns95
9
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?