Newbie Looking for Exhaust

FartBoy

Apr 22, 2005
Houston
Hey everyone, I just found this palce. Great Reading! I just took my new Sonic Blue GT home from the Showroom. First thing I'm going to do is take this POS Exhaust off and wake up this beast. Any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to the forum. In the future you may want to begin by using the Search function for such a general question. Then, after reading the threads returned by the search, if you have any specific questions about a brand, style, etc you can post a more specific topic that will likely get answered. Since this thread is so general in nature, and has been talked about many times, people are less likely to start from the beginning and "reinvent the wheel". Try using the search function for "exhaust" as keyword and S197 GT Tech as the forum and you will have more than enough reading to satisfy your questions on exhaust. :nice:

FartBoy said:
Hey everyone, I just found this palce. Great Reading! I just took my new Sonic Blue GT home from the Showroom. First thing I'm going to do is take this POS Exhaust off and wake up this beast. Any suggestions?

actually the factory exhaust is pretty darn good...you wont see much of a horsepower increase that i know of...just a louder sound

FartBoy said:
The factory exhaust is far from being a POS...

I love my new Mustang and really don't want to lose the mufflers. My buddy just installed his Bassani Axle Back and Hi-Flow Cats and the sound is awesome. Sounds just like the old muscle cars. It was a beautiful thing!

I dunno what Mag comes with the Roush (all custom for Roush, or just custom settings with an 'x' model muffler), but mine sound fantastic! I had Flowmasters on before and was worried the Mag's wouldn't sound anywhere near as good. They're not quite as loud at low rev's (Flow's sounded FAR better at idle), but have a better depth and get plenty loud enough once you hit the gas.

Flowmaster's added nice aggressive volume, the Magnaflow's actually make the car sound bigger, not just louder.