Newbie on Resto project

nickester

Oct 30, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Stangnet and havebeen super impressed with the community. I have a couple of questions that maybe someone has done before in the past.

I have a set of bullit rims from a 2003. Will they fit on my 1972 Grande? bolt pattern should be the same. Are there any spacer kits out there to adapt?

Thank you everyone in advace for your help.

Regards,

nick

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, there are spacers available from many vendors for this. Funny thing, though, the late-model "Bullitt" wheel is an imitation of the Torque Thrust wheel, which not only required no spacers, but is still available new. Ironic, huh?

Bullitt_mustang.JPG

NPD and CJ pony offer specific kits for this set up but it seems you can get them in pairs cheaper from off road websites. A couple I found offroadexperts.com and jeeperzcreeperz.com . Plus the NPD kit requires you to pull rear axles and put in longer studs and use a plain flat spacer. The only problem is NPD and CJ dont list depth of the spacers. Would it be 1.5" front and 1.25" rear? Please correct me if Im wrong Im new to wheels and looking to do the same thing on my 1973 coupe.

sorry 1.25" spacers all around by my math after diving into it.

1971-1973 4.5" backspacing on 8" wide wheel zero offset

Bullitt 5.72" backspacing on 8" wide wheel 30.9 offset