Newbie !

Adube88

Apr 4, 2016
Hey guys/gals, I'm new to the forum. I'm currently shopping for a 99-04 GT coupe stang and looking to obtain as much info as I can possibly get so any advice and help is very much appreciated !!
My first question is auto or manual ?

I've had 2 partially torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders so my question is how hard/how much work is really involved with the manual gt ?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I've driven manual before not a ton but comfortable enough to not shy away from buying one ! I just don't want to buy a manual the realize that my dumb*** shoulders are gonna stop me, so I do think I'm leaning towards an automatic but just skeptical of the reliability

Sticks are fun. Autos can be fun and convenient. If I'm drinking coffee in the car, I dont want to have to shift. You could always put a shift kit in a auto, and have the best of both worlds.

I have a auto in my fox. I was kind of skeptical at first. I enjoy banging through gears. But,........ I also dont have to worry about all the things that come with a manual. Clutch, thowout bearing, syncros, etc. So instead of 5 gears, I only have to worry about 3.

Yeah I mean ideally I'd get a stick but I've had 2 partially torn rotator cuffs in both shoulders so rowing through the gears would suck ! But I'm just worried about the reliability of the 4R70W any tips/advice what to look out for or to improve?