Newest member of the Split Block Club

• Sponsors (?)

Hey......just cause I gave up on my 68 with leaf springs doesn't mean my late model 93 can't back up those numbers. I'm running the same engine that was in my 68 that dyno'd at 400 Hp with 550 Tq at the rear wheels with a best time of 7.40 with a 1.65 60' in the 1/8 and now running 6.80's with a 1.45 60' with the 93 mostly because of the 60' times. Maybe they had "Made in China" parts? HeHe (inside joke to washMO66)

I've seen your other car on that "other forum" and it looks like a bad mother.... I was more targeting alot of the Cobra guys who show up at the track and talk about their 545RWHP and then I beat them by 6 car lengths with my 370RWHP because they are not set up right.

China crap - Don't you start on me now, some people are so sensitive, he said he wanted opinions right? Well I gave them......:shrug:

I should have mine back and running right before Knotts:nice:

Good, maybe I'll have a set of headers for you to see in person. At least we can meet this year.
I know a guy who would swear the block split alot due to the mounts pulling on the block. I'm not going to say yeah or nah. But he did run 5.60's on a roller 351w all day long. Broken pistons from occasionally detonating, but never the block. He liked block plates. Said that cured it all for him.

Good, maybe I'll have a set of headers for you to see in person. At least we can meet this year.
I know a guy who would swear the block split alot due to the mounts pulling on the block. I'm not going to say yeah or nah. But he did run 5.60's on a roller 351w all day long. Broken pistons from occasionally detonating, but never the block. He liked block plates. Said that cured it all for him.

I thought about going to solid mounts but went instead with a torque link kit and poly motor mounts. I'm not sure of the long term outcome of making something rigid that was never designed to be. Block plates maybe a better way to go since you have a lot more surface area to bolt onto.

Maybe it wasn't the mounts doing the damage, but the block plate acting as a giant girdle/block reinforcement. The block plate would effectively be acting as a giant sized webbing that went all the way around the block and then some.

Maybe it wasn't the mounts doing the damage, but the block plate acting as a giant girdle/block reinforcement. The block plate would effectively be acting as a giant sized webbing that went all the way around the block and then some.
My understanding of his explanation was the torque of the motor was no longer pulling on the side of the block.And then yeah, what you said about webbing around the whole block. Couldn't argue with the dude. Was going a lot faster than me, ad consistently.