Nitrous and TB coming soon

bboylobo

May 4, 2005
Lancaster PA
i just put an order out for a bbk 78mm TB Plenum combo and this:
Nitrous Express Next Generation Nitrous Oxide Systems 4.6L 2 VALVE PLATE SYSTEM (50-150HP) 200HP-300HP JETTING AVAILABLE WITH 10LB BOTTLE

Im excited about the new upgrades im about to drop in. anyone have any tips and warnings about the nitrous system install. Im still no sure what is a safe shot to use. i hear our engines are good up to 400 hp without forging but i dont know if i want to do a 150 shot. anyone do 150 on stock internals?

• Sponsors (?)

i gone through 3 bottles on 125 shot and one on 175 shot , its all in the tune i guess , haven't used it for an extended amount of time since i swapped it for a supercharger , i can offer you this one advice tho , start small and go up one step at a time , pull little timing off the stock tune and 2 stage colder plugs just to play on the safe side , it can be addictive :D

and oh , its always hard to press that button the first time , don't think twice, the kick is worth it :D

With the plate kit, it may be a little tougher to swap jets. On my nozzle kit it takes about 2 minutes.

I would suggest you get an rpm window switch. Also, alot of people have gotten away with using the stock tune to run up to a 100 shot. I don't necessarily recommend that, but a 75 shot should be fine. Like kuwait said, colder plugs are a must. I use NGK TR6's which are 1 heat range colder than stock gapped at 0.035.

yea 78 is overkill but i liked the look of it under the hood. plus ill be looking for more mods in the future like ported heads or even tfs heads. I have a SCT 4 bank chip im goanna send in to tune for a 100 shot. till then im only sticking with a 75. There is a guy close me who does dyno-tuning for 80 an hour. I was thinking i can go to him for a dynotune but i just dont know if itll be worth it or not. with all the mods i have should i dyno tune? thanks for the help guys

I would suggest you get an rpm window switch. Also, alot of people have gotten away with using the stock tune to run up to a 100 shot. I don't necessarily recommend that, but a 75 shot should be fine. Like kuwait said, colder plugs are a must. I use NGK TR6's which are 1 heat range colder than stock gapped at 0.035.

+1 Also run with a full tank of 93 octane, and change your fuel filter more often.
:flag: