2001 Mustang V6 Build list/questions about parts

SilverChariot

Mar 24, 2018
Hello everyone.
I currently have a 2001 V6 mustang with just under 40k original miles
Thing runs like a champ and for the most part is a fun Daily driver with a kick to it
Obviously our GT brothers are going to outrun us at every turn.

That’s not why I’m here.
I’m here because I’m trying to build a dailyable Drag/Street car. A street car that you can take to the track and have some good times run high 11’s-12’s and drive it to work the next day
Now I don’t know if a build for a V6 has ever been done this way but for me here’s the requirements of my car:

The car must remain Reliable enough to daily drive with little to no extra effort on the driver.

The car can be modified to show it’s been modified but is not a requirement

The cars engine has to remain as non complex as possible (meaning no turbos/superchargers)

The cars interior is to remain untouched (except for replacements IE racing seats and gauge clusters)

Alright now that we’ve gotten the requirements out of the way here’s what I’m thinking to get this done:

A ZEX wet Nitrous oxide injection system up to 75 shot however will probably end up with either a 35 or a 50 shot since the engine will remain stock (since the fuel system is a return less one there’s no chance you can do a dry kit)

A LSD from a 2001 Ford ranger (I read on some other forums that they share the same axle and the rangers came stock with LSD’s)

A set of Coilovers to lower ride height slightly and increase handling as well as center of gravity being lower as well

Now on to the issues and questions im Running into.

Does anyone know where I can find a ZEX wet kit (or any kit that comes with a bunch of safety systems in place like window switches purge solenoids etc) for a 2001 V6 I find plenty for GT’s but I’ve scoured the web and found nothing

Same thing with 2001 Ford ranger differentials
At this point I’m close to just calling every scrap yard in my state and asking them if they got any.

Since this is all on a stock engine and it’s my daily driver (except for winter of course) how do I keep from blowing my engine up without ripping apart the block and putting forged pistons in there?
This is a budget build
I’m trying to see how much power I can get while still remaining as stock as possible (minus a LSD)
now another thing to consider I suppose is it’s an Automatic (groan) should I have gotten a stick? Yes but the mileage was way too good to pass up
I’m assuming the stock auto transmission can handle an extra 50-75 Horsepower right?

Any tips/other things I can add to the list?

Also if your gonna be a jerk about a V6 just don’t post here okay?
I’m not out to smoke GT’s by any means I’m just out to make my daily a fun time
Thanks in advance for the help

• Sponsors (?)

Hello everyone.
I currently have a 2001 V6 mustang with just under 40k original miles
Not trying to be a jerk but I wouldn't modify a car of that age with that low of miles. Keep it original.

There are TONS of older Mustangs available on Craigslist for very low $$'s that would make a better "mule" for your project IMO. Using a mule has the added benefit of not putting your daily driver at risk. This will allow the project to move at a slower pace.

Not trying to be a jerk but I wouldn't modify a car of that age with that low of miles. Keep it original.

There are TONS of older Mustangs available on Craigslist for very low $$'s that would make a better "mule" for your project IMO. Using a mule has the added benefit of not putting your daily driver at risk. This will allow the project to move at a slower pace.
Surprised he found a mustang with that many miles most have 60000+